StarKist Class Action Payment

I wonder if they moved their manufacturing to China, Vietnam or India if they would be subject or liable for a lawsuit like this?

If they sell product in the US, yes, they could still be sued and held liable for harm done in the US.

I was totally shocked when I received a check for $13K+ some years ago from the company that makes Celebrex! I actually called them to make sure it wasn't a scam - it wasn't. Not even sure how they knew I was taking Celebrex, & I still take it.

Wife and I received $99 each on BP class action? Had to rack my brain when I filled up there. To be honest, not even sure it was BP. Just this last month.

Wife and I received $99 each on BP class action? Had to rack my brain when I filled up there. To be honest, not even sure it was BP. Just this last month.

My wife got a $91.94 check for the Arco/BP lawsuit. Maybe the same one as yours? We live in Washington and don't usually gas up at Arco or BP, so we figured we must have got gas on a vacation in Oregon or something. Apparently they unlawfully charged a 35 cent debit card fee.

According to their web site, there may be another payment next year for the second half of what we're owed. $164 dollars for a 35 cent fee we didn't even notice. Sweet! :)

https://www.debitcardclassaction.com/

A few years ago I received $10.98 for a class action lawsuit against Lehman Brothers. I owned 1000 shares when the Feds shut em down. That whole 2008/2009 financial crisis was a scam.

I was not offered the coupon so I went for the $2.38 check instead of laying out a bunch of personal info to get it to my Pay Pal or bank. Then I learned my check would be for .88 after the 1.50 postage. Next thing I'll probably hear is that Turbo Tax will charge $.89 to process it.:facepalm:

Class action lawsuits make lawyers rich and shareholders poorer, I can’t imagine why people participate.

The lawyers did the work so they should get paid and cover their expenses, no? Capitalism. Now, as far as those poooor shareholders: They invested and made a bad bet. Nothing they could do anything about or know about in advance and could not affect the course of. Capitalism. Invisible Hand. If it works, you take credit, if it doesn't work, you blame the other guy. If the other guy gets hit, it's his own fault. Capitalism.

Businesses (actually the people who run then) need to get crow-barred in the groin to keep them honest in these affairs because no marketplace is ever gonna do it. Doesn't matter if I get only 2 bucks out of it.

I didn't get anything but it was originally supposed to be $25.

My wife got a $91.94 check for the Arco/BP lawsuit. Maybe the same one as yours? We live in Washington and don't usually gas up at Arco or BP, so we figured we must have got gas on a vacation in Oregon or something. Apparently they unlawfully charged a 35 cent debit card fee.

According to their web site, there may be another payment next year for the second half of what we're owed. $164 dollars for a 35 cent fee we didn't even notice. Sweet! :)

https://www.debitcardclassaction.com/
I was included in this one too! I could only have used an Arco in Oregon a couple times in the time period referenced but I also cashed a check for $90 and change and understood the letter to say there would be a second equal payment next year.

Thanks for the reminder, i forgot about it gotta cash mine in.
Bet the starfish check/coupon is more than the equifax check

Back
Top Bottom