state e-filing with Turbo Tax

I also used to print and mail when the the efile was an extra charge. The efile fee was more than the stamp costs so why bother. Now the efile comes with the software purchase so I use it. I used the IRS freefile for my mothers return and it was all free.

I probably could have qualified for the IRS freefile, have to check that next time.
I never understood why people seem to be so attached to TT.
Probably several reasons people are attached to TurboTax:
- Used it for several years and learned a few things, got comfortable doing so, just as with any software niche
- Got it for free from financial institution
- Consistency of data history
- Good reviews

Of course all of that is subject to this year's experience. Given the opinions I've read on several forums, many past users will try something else this year or next. For many, the continuing increase in marketing within the software is a turn-off.

For me, I've gotten through most of what needs to be done, and it cost me $50 and a few stamps.

We've never been able to E-file. We get various odd error messages so I gave up and just print and mail our federal return using HR Block Deluxe Fed only version ($25).....I don't like Turbotax. It comes with 5 free e-files which our three children use. Our state has free online efile and the refund is credited to our account in about 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom