Stick vacuum recommendations

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Dyson is dying. Batteries suck, pun intended. Shark model seems to have favorable reviews. Any others?
BTW, Amazon Prime sale days are the 12th and 13th IIRC. Might be a good time to shop. Remember, DON’T DRINK AND PRIME.

Dyson is dying. Batteries suck, pun intended. Shark model seems to have favorable reviews. Any others?
BTW, Amazon Prime sale days are the 12th and 13th IIRC. Might be a good time to shop. Remember, DON’T DRINK AND PRIME.

Sorry to hear that. I've been wanting one of the portable "uprights" such as a Dyson. They are fairly expensive IMO. We have a Roomba AND an old bag-type upright. The Roomba is good for "every day" but misses spots and the upright is a pain to drag out and plug in. Would love a rechargeable/upright "stick?" for spills and hits/misses with Roomba. Will watch this space for updates.

How old is your Dyson?
We have two Dyson sticks, about 5 years old and they're still like new.
We also have two handheld Dysons and the older one started not holding a charge as long as it did, so I just replaced the battery in it. I would imagine you could replace the battery in the bigger one as easily.

We love our Dysons!

this recent thread makes me a bit more skeptical on buying a new dyson (but if I did, I would buy at costco).

https://www.early-retirement.org/fo...uum-have-you-had-problems-with-it-105701.html

My 6+ year old refurb dyson dc35 is still good, but the battery has been a bit wonky lately. However, there are some great 3rd party batteries on amazon, for cheap, which get good reviews basically saying their dysons are better than ever, so I'm probably going to get one of those, and I'd do that well before I'd start shopping for a new unit.

We love our Shark hand vac. The container is a bit small, but it's also very easy to empty and clean, and has great suction. Based on my experience with this, I'd definitely consider a stick vac from them.

Don't buy another Dyson. I had to warranty my new V10 after 40 days (thin plastic trigger linkage failure (no longer turned on) which required a complete unit replacement). They had so many warranty claims no V10s were in stock, so Dyson sent me a new V-11 (unfortunately it has the same trigger linkage that fails). Customer service at Dyson had gotten poor, as well. It's now almost impossible to speak with a human at Dyson.

+1 on the Shark. I have a DuoClean that has worked flawlessly for 4 years. Bought it with 2 batteries so there is always one fully charged. Both batteries are holding up very well.

Back
Top Bottom