Still waiting for the right SUV?

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
For those that held out 'til now, not buying an SUV and always thinking something was missing. It looks like your opportunity may be right around the corner. Today Lamborghihi announced it will make an SUV.

Lamborghini will produce its much-anticipated sport utility vehicle (SUV) at the supercar maker's Sant'Agata Bolognese plant in Italy, with the new model to enter the market in 2018, the company said on Wednesday. Lamborghini to build SUV in Italy, launch planned for 2018 | Reuters
So, now you can drop the kids off at school and then race at the local track without changing vehicles.

Darn I just don't think I can wait till 2018! :LOL:

Projected selling price $162,000. Hmmm, if only it was $150,000 then I'd consider it. :rolleyes:

When Porsche first rolled the Cayenne SUV off the assembly line many thought it was doomed to failure, but they have accounted for nearly 50% of the North American Porsche sales for over 10 years now. The Lambo SUV concept was out in 2012, and here is of course, Jay Leno's take on it back then:

When will Rolls-Royce come out with an SUV?

2018-rolls-royce-suv-rendered-news-car-and-driver-photo-588847-s-original.jpg

When Porsche first rolled the Cayenne SUV off the assembly line many thought it was doomed to failure, but they have accounted for nearly 50% of the North American Porsche sales for over 10 years now.

And the Porsche Cayenne is every luxury car dealer's nightmare. When they see an owner coming in to trade a Cayenne, they always low ball them on the trade in allowance. Non-Porsche car dealers have a very difficult time selling Cayennes on the retail or wholesale used car market. It's the same with Volkswagen's SUV that shares the same mechanicals and body structure with the Porsche.

And Cayenne owners just don't understand why such a low volume vehicle's not garnered more of a following.

When Porsche first rolled the Cayenne SUV off the assembly line many thought it was doomed to failure, but they have accounted for nearly 50% of the North American Porsche sales for over 10 years now.

Exactly

IIRC Lamborghini started out making tractors, so this step is returning a bit closer to its roots...

Why not a Tesla Model X CUV that can fit 7 and has a frunk (front trunk) for extra storage. Milli-second AWD traction control.

xYSJwLF.png

elon-musk-is-standing-inside-the-backseat-of-tesla-model-x.jpg

e0bf5141b0aa3852_modelx.xxxlarge_1.jpg

IIRC Lamborghini started out making tractors, so this step is returning a bit closer to its roots...

Yep, my dad has a Lamborghini, a Lamborghini tractor that is. It is not as sexy as it sounds. :D

If I'm not mistaken Lamborghini made an SUV of sorts about 10 years ago. It was incredibly ugly and didn't sell well.

Bah, Humbug. I ain't buying no POS SUV if they can't even win an endurance race. When they win the X-Death-Valley (or Baja, or whatever) thing I might reconsider. If these are urban use machines, I'll take the original.

If I'm not mistaken Lamborghini made an SUV of sorts about 10 years ago. It was incredibly ugly and didn't sell well.

Yep, kind of a Hummer H1 looking vehicle. It was 4x4 and had a Lamborghini V-12 engine. The "Rambo Lambo" was the nickname, or officially called the LM-002. Mostly bought by rich oil sheiks. See here for more info, thanks to wikipedia:
Lamborghini LM002 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom