Stimulus $600

The stimulus checks don't count as income. They don't add to your AGI.

You beat me to it, Audrey. :cool: These non-taxable stimulus checks, called "Recovery Rebate Credits," are part of a broader category called, "Payments and refundable credits," as described on Line 32 of Form 1040.

You beat me to it, Audrey. :cool: These non-taxable stimulus checks, called "Recovery Rebate Credits," are part of a broader category called, "Payments and refundable credits," as described on Line 32 of Form 1040.
Thanks for sharing. You made me open up the 1040 instructions and look this up. Looks like since both DW and I got both payments, I don't need to do anything when I fill out my taxes. :) FYI, it appears to be Line 30 and not 32 tho. No biggie. Thanks..

Thanks for sharing. You made me open up the 1040 instructions and look this up. Looks like since both DW and I got both payments, I don't need to do anything when I fill out my taxes. :) FYI, it appears to be Line 30 and not 32 tho. No biggie. Thanks..

You're welcome! BTW Line 30 is the entry for the stimulus checks, while Line 32 is the total of all refundable credits and payments (including the stimulus checks), the "broader category" I alluded to earlier. :cool:

You're welcome! BTW Line 30 is the entry for the stimulus checks, while Line 32 is the total of all refundable credits and payments (including the stimulus checks), the "broader category" I alluded to earlier. :cool:

And THIS is why I pay the better part of my last stimulus check to someone ELSE to do my taxes.:blush: :LOL:

Hey! I just realized. I now have a good entry for "Blow That Dough 2021" Thanks!:LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom