Stolen catalytic convertor

The bad news is the comprehensive deductible is $1500. Now to get this replaced at the dealer will cost more than that so the insurance does help.

That deductible for comprehensive is extremely high, mine is $100.
Is he really sure it is not the collision deductible he is quoting ?

I could raise my deductible to $250, but the savings is so small in premium that I'd have to go 10 yrs without for example having a rock chip my windshield.

I can sort of understand some hopeless addict stealing Cat Converters but it wouldn't work if there weren't unscrupulous buyers - obviously NOT addicts. There was a rash of copper wire thefts here on a stretch of the H2 freeway. I forget the details, but a few guys cost 10s of thousands of dollars of damage to steal a few hundred dollars (in the thieves pockets). There are only so many dealers that buy this stuff and they have to know how some low-life obtained a couple of hundred pounds of copper wire. I think it was the few electrocutions of wire thieves throughout the country that finally slowed down this "petty theft." Can't say I shed any tears.

By the way, that doesn't look like a safe way to make a living, crawling under a jacked-up car with no jack stand. Nor do these guys look like meth heads but YMMV.

I can sort of understand some hopeless addict stealing Cat Converters but it wouldn't work if there weren't unscrupulous buyers - obviously NOT addicts.

Not only do they lack scruples, they have to break the law in most places.

Back
Top Bottom