Stories from the hairdresser's, and other odd tales

Had my first professional mani/pedi 1 1/2 ago for DS wedding. Very pretty, but was instructed to get a gel polish, and my nails peeled horribly afterwards.

Also, had my hair and makeup done professionally for the wedding (something very different for me). Apparently (from some rather shocked compliments of family members) made a huge difference. :blush:

Lest I give off the false impression that I spend no money on my appearance, that would not be exactly true. What I save on salon visits, I spend on skin care.

I get my hair cut and colored every 3 months and it's not cheap but none of my hairdressers have ever had a lot of $. I know when a recession hits they really lose their customers. I get a manicure and pedicure twice a year right before we go on vacation.

I have no idea what she pays, but she is generally as value-oriented (i.e., cheap) as I am and is frugal almost everywhere else so it's one of those things I just don't think about. Everyone has their splurges, I suppose this is one of hers.

If she didn't go she would be most unhappy and as every guy knows who has been married for more than 20 minutes that is never a good thing.:LOL:

Words of wisdom. And truly a small price to pay. My DW values her appearance and it surely offsets my deficiencies.

I cut my own hair now. At my age, a professional (expensive) cut is not going to turn female heads anyway.

I'm glad you posted that update Walt, I was thinking about this thread earlier and wondering if we had inadvertently blown your wife's gig with the "that's frequent!" comments.

Experiences > Things, and an experience that she enjoys which is probably part self-care, part socialization, is worth whatever she chooses to pay.

I hate messing with my hair, and getting haircuts and such. When I do get a haircut, I have it done at Supercuts with the senior discount, and I get it cut pretty short so that it will last. Usually it lasts about six months before I simply cannot stand it another minute.

Back
Top Bottom