Sugary Soft Drinks

Well, here's the right kind of experiment, which assigns people randomly to drink either diet soda or water.

It's sponsored by by drinks industry however:

Diet soda helps weight loss, industry-funded study finds - CNN.com

Note that it was whipping cream in that drink, not whipped cream.

Brown cow Greek yogurt, full-fat, cream-top plain with either a sprinkling of Crystal Light powder or this is very good. The label of the yogurts lists lots of carbs, but the theory is that the organisms eat much of that. Also, much of the sugar resides in the whey, which you can pour off.

We drink quite a bit of unsweetened sparkling water. Still no more than 1 can a day. These have a tiny bit of fruit flavor added - orange, lemon, lime, red grapefruit. HEB has a nice line. Perrier has lime and grapefruit flavors in tiny cans.

0 calories, no sweetener, just carbonation with a hint of flavor.

To be blunt, this forum isn't the target market for heavy soda consumption. Go into a McDonalds and look around...

I do enjoy the Mexico coke when I can get one about once every few months. They put actual sugar in cola in other countries. The USA only gets that corn syrup garbage and that tastes too oily for me. It shows just how much like cattle corporations think we are. The independent colas have some tasty stuff too. We scored a free 4 pack of Jones soda from a gas station a few days ago because it was missing a bottle.

Once you start looking, sugar (in its many forms) is in just about everything! Just google all of the names for sugar and take that list when you go to the grocery store. Whew! Current research is now implicating sugar, and not healthy saturated fats (I'm talking butter, olive oil, coconut oil, NOT vegetable oil, canola oil, corn oil, margarine...) in excess weight, high blood pressure, diabetes (of course), etc.
Okay, I'm obviously pumped up about it because I saw the documentary movie, Fed Up, a couple of weeks ago.

Water is cheap. Eating unprocessed foods is probably the best health insurance.

Back
Top Bottom