Sweet $200 PenFed bonus

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
https://www.penfed.org/PenFed-Premium-Travel-Rewards-American-Express-Card/?adcode=401&utm_source=firstword&utm_medium=email&utm_content=travelrewards&cmpid=201210fwemailtravelrewards-415265

Spend $650 on the card w/in 3 months, get $200 in gift cards (Amazon is listed). No annual fee. Why yes, I will take a 30% discount on $650 in normal purchases thankyou please. Last time I took advantage of a similar PenFed offer it took about 4 months for the award to post, but hey, delayed gratification is something we're all used to.

Hmmmm, thanks for posting. I'm working on a big Delta Skymiles spend right now (for the 70k bonus) or I'd sign up right away. I'll bookmark it and see if it is available once I'm sure I'll make the one I need.

I don't qualify but did click on the link - it seemed to me like the $200 was points, not gift cards:

20,000 bonus points when you spend $650 within the first 3 months of opening the Card account – that’s worth $200 toward your next round-trip airline ticket

Last edited:
You can also get visa gift cards..

http://goo.gl/HDJ6c

EDIT:

Oops just noticed this was for the AMEX, with the penfed visa you have the option for visa gift cards

Last edited:
You can also get visa gift cards..

http://goo.gl/HDJ6c

EDIT:

Oops just noticed this was for the AMEX, with the penfed visa you have the option for visa gift cards

Already have a couple of those pre-loaded Visa cards from my PenFed platinum cash reward card sitting in the desk drawer. Hard to use them and give up the 2% cash back from our Fidelity card. Guess that's called a first world problem.

Already have a couple of those pre-loaded Visa cards from my PenFed platinum cash reward card sitting in the desk drawer. Hard to use them and give up the 2% cash back from our Fidelity card. Guess that's called a first world problem.

+1

You can walk into a bank and they'll cash out the card for you. My favorite move is to go to amazon, buy an amazon gift card for the full amount of the visa (using the prepaid card as a 'new payment' while checking out) and then after getting the amazon gift card email, apply the amount of the amazon gift card to my amazon account. Takes less than a minute, and then when you buy on amazon, you can use your points.

I built two computers last year and had about 35 rebates in total. All disappeared into my amazon account in no time, and I'm still spending it.

You can walk into a bank and they'll cash out the card for you. My favorite move is to go to amazon, buy an amazon gift card for the full amount of the visa (using the prepaid card as a 'new payment' while checking out) and then after getting the amazon gift card email, apply the amount of the amazon gift card to my amazon account. Takes less than a minute, and then when you buy on amazon, you can use your points.

I built two computers last year and had about 35 rebates in total. All disappeared into my amazon account in no time, and I'm still spending it.

Given that cash is of more utility than plastic and I wouldn't have to call the phone # on the back of the card to see what was left on it at each spending point I hustled down and got our local bank to tell me about cashing the cards out. They would be happy to do so, but would charge a 2% fee. Ahh fudgesicles! Dunno if that was a small-town bank issue. Still have a bunch of Amazon credit from a Citi bank card bonus - maybe I'll burn up the pre-loaded cards on some big rental repairs upcoming.

Given that cash is of more utility than plastic and I wouldn't have to call the phone # on the back of the card to see what was left on it at each spending point I hustled down and got our local bank to tell me about cashing the cards out. They would be happy to do so, but would charge a 2% fee. Ahh fudgesicles! Dunno if that was a small-town bank issue. Still have a bunch of Amazon credit from a Citi bank card bonus - maybe I'll burn up the pre-loaded cards on some big rental repairs upcoming.

If it was YOUR bank, then they shouldn't have charged you anything. If it was your bank and they still tried to charge you, I'd look for another bank. Bank of america just hands me cash for these, but I have to walk over there. Amazon's stuff (and walmart and others work) is pretty easy to do. Wish they paid interest! :)

Back
Top Bottom