T-Mobile One Unlimited 55+

We just cancelled our AT&T service after 15 years and switched to the T-Mobile 55+ plan. It’s hard to beat $70 for two lines including all taxes and fees. I can’t really comment on coverage yet since its only been a few days but we rarely make phone calls anyway. Almost everything we do involves data, not phone calls. And we use Wifi calling whenever possible anyway.

AT&T just adds on so many administrative junk fees to the point of being obnoxious. Good riddance to them.

Yes, one of the awesome things about the current T-mobile plans is no added taxes and fees!!

Another bonus for T-Mobile users: an hour of in-flight wifi with T-Mobile One or for the entire flight if you have Plus (which I subscribed to when it was $5/month). T-Mobile uses Gogo as the wifi provider, which I’m guessing is used by most domestic airlines?

Let’s me read the forum while at 36,000 feet, which happens to be what I’m doing right now. [emoji4]

Edit to add: I’m not sure if this is available for the 55+ plan.

Last edited:
I signed up for this when it first became available. $60 for 2 phones with unlimited everything. You can even use the phone as a WIFI hot spot but the data is only .5 MBPS which is incredibly slow. The workaround is to use Pdanet, connect the phone to a laptop THEN hook up a wifi router. I'm in FL for an extended visit and I'm running a laptop, tablets and a smart TV from this. Streaming video is great this way. Saves me from signing up for cable/internet down here.

Another bonus for T-Mobile users: an hour of in-flight wifi with T-Mobile One or for the entire flight if you have Plus (which I subscribed to when it was $5/month). T-Mobile uses Gogo as the wifi provider, which I’m guessing is used by most domestic airlines?

Let’s me read the forum while at 36,000 feet, which happens to be what I’m doing right now. [emoji4]

Edit to add: I’m not sure if this is available for the 55+ plan.

Never got this to work on United, so haven’t been able to take advantage.

I signed up for this when it first became available. $60 for 2 phones with unlimited everything. You can even use the phone as a WIFI hot spot but the data is only .5 MBPS which is incredibly slow. The workaround is to use Pdanet, connect the phone to a laptop THEN hook up a wifi router. I'm in FL for an extended visit and I'm running a laptop, tablets and a smart TV from this. Streaming video is great this way. Saves me from signing up for cable/internet down here.

If you are willing to pay $10 per line you do get a high speed hotspot for each line plus a few other enhancements. You can enable it on just one line if you prefer.

Never got this to work on United, so haven’t been able to take advantage.

I had the same problem with United. I’m not sure if they use Gogo?

I’m on Delta right now and it was trivial to connect.

I had the same problem with United. I’m not sure if they use Gogo?

I’m on Delta right now and it was trivial to connect.

Well they kind of do. You can even see it sometimes. But you can’t access it to log in.

For us, this is a compelling feature of T-Mobile. Step off the plane and your phone works.

Planning to put this to the test. Leaving tomorrow for Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. The plan worked great in Germany, England and Czech Republic.

I mostly just use the data plan, for GPS while moving around. Everything else will be using WhatsApp on WiFi.

I have pay as you go T-mobile. The price is right but the area coverage is noticeably inferior to Verizon (DW & DS have them). DW & DS won't even consider switching from Verizon, especially, to T-mobile.

No United doesn't have Gogo, especially on their international flights.

Some airlines are moving towards free Wifi.

I've paid for it but on longer flights, I tend to sleep or try to.

DH’s hometown, where his siblings live and where we visit several times a year, is smack in the middle of cornfields and a T-Mobile dead zone. Grrr. Verizon for $90 for two lines, unlimited data etc., the $10/day option for international coverage, works for us but we would go to T-Mobile without hesitation if there could be coverage where we need it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom