T-Mobile Starlink deal

And let's not forget, there are other companies in this race as well...and with Inmarsat most likely being acquired by Viasat (LOTS of US Government contracts and a very large chunk of the world's airline in-flight connectivity and lots of satellites) this could make the competition very good for consumers.

I used to be an ATT customer and generally liked it. But one of the big reasons a lot of us went over to T-Mobile is that we avoid that $10/day charge overseas. Absolutely nothing to be done -- when your plane lands you get a text that says "Welcome to Lower Slobbovia; please use your phone normally."

Excellent. If one company can make their phones work seamlessly essentially everywhere, they all can, but some just choose to charge $10/day fees. Verizon did that, on top of their absurd monthly rates, so we left for T-Mobile, where we have an equal experience, including abundant storefronts, for less money.

$10/day fee is ridiculous.

T-Mobile has now upped the speed of their international data. I was tempted to look at alternatives, but they keep adding features that make it compelling to stay. Even now I’m posting from somewhere above Iceland using T-Mobile’s free inflight data.

Features are getting better with no additional costs. Gotta love it.

Features are getting better with no additional costs. Gotta love it.

I think John Legere broke the mold (remember "the un-carrier") and they have stayed ahead of the pack even after his departure.

I think John Legere broke the mold (remember "the un-carrier") and they have stayed ahead of the pack even after his departure.

That’s why I was concerned about the CEO change, but fortunately so far former Sprint CEO Mike Sievert seems to be following the same path at T-Mobile post merger.

The main problem I’ve always had with T-Mobile is coverage. It’s just bad in my area.
My coverage improved incredibly when I got a 5G phone. Prior to that all the carriers were weak near our home, and T-Mobile was the first to support WiFi calling which motivated us switch as well as their international coverage.

Back
Top Bottom