TAP Airlines

camfused

Full time employment: Posting here.
There was a thread a few years ago for TAP, but it is a little old, so is there anyone with more recent experiences with TAP? Their premium economy fares are attractive vs the big carriers, and they have several neo Airbus jets they use for the transatlantic routes, so the planes seem to be modern.

Tried to fly them in Europe, but we had to cancel that part of a trip.

I've used them a couple of times, UK to Portugal and the reverse. Was not impressed. Abrupt cabin staff, both flights departed late. But I did get there and the fare was relatively cheap. This was in economy class, 2 years ago.

I've flown them in the past to Portugal and Cape Verde, and always had decent experiences. Most recently in June 2021, I had to use a TAP COVID-cancellation voucher from last year that was expiring, so flew from the US to/from the UK (Manchester) via Lisbon. The flights in both directions were on time, not that full, with good service all around. I would definitely consider flying with them again, especially with the cheap prices they are offering these days.
They were near bankruptcy last year and had to be bailed out so I admit I had my trepidations, but overall have nothing bad to say about my recent experience.

I had a reasonable experience with TAP in the fall of 2019. The web site was clear about pricing and extras. Not like the crap they dole out on cheap airlines in the US (focus on cheap seats and then spring $100 carry-ons). I'm not offended by an employee that's under-appreciated not having the smile all the time. They just seemed 'real'.

No experience with TAP but discussions of airlines seem to devolve into "praise" along the lines of "not as bad as I expected." YMMV

^^^^ According to the points guy (https://thepointsguy.com/news/step-...us-a330neo-on-a-flight-with-tap-air-portugal/) the seats are 31 inch in economy and 34 inches in economy xtra, on an A330neo. Another sight says the A321LR has a 31 inch pitch for economy and 33 for economy xtra. So, maybe that sight (from 2019) was correct for some of the domestic planes in their fleet, I don't know.

I should have been more clear when I started this thread. I am interested in recent experiences of folks flying on transatlantic flights with TAP. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom