Tax question - trust sched. K due date

HarveyS

Full time employment: Posting here.
Looking for the wisdom of the community....

I inherited my portion of a trust in October 2019. The trustee says they filed a 2019 tax return for the trust and has promised to send a schedule K detailing the trust 2019 earnings, which will pass to me and become my tax liability. (maybe as much as $20k LTCG - but I don't know).

From my limited understanding and google searching, it seems this schedule K was due to me March 15. While the 2019 filing deadline has been pushed out from April 15 to July 15, is anyone aware of a push out in the schedule K requirement?

I'm due a fairly large refund and would like to file sooner rather than later.

Should I be more forceful in requesting my sched. K, or let it ride. I really don't want to file, then file an amended return after the fact.

Thanks.

yes, be as forceful as you can, but don't hold your breath. I'm still waiting for K1s from three different companies and I'm getting the distinct impression that they are taking the position (rightly or not, probably "not"...) that the filing deadline was extended, so they can take their time issuing the documents too.

yes, be as forceful as you can, but don't hold your breath. I'm still waiting for K1s from three different companies and I'm getting the distinct impression that they are taking the position (rightly or not, probably "not"...) that the filing deadline was extended, so they can take their time issuing the documents too.

Yeah, I had to email one company (normally it's available online by end of March) and got a "everybody's working from home, so hopefully sometime in May" response.

Back
Top Bottom