Ten bagger

I don't think you can apply the statistics for fund stock pickers to individual stock pickers. The fund pickers have to deal in volume and that makes it very hard to avoid the stockinberg uncertainty principle.

They put an order to buy 20,000,000 shares of a stock that only trades 500,000 a day in normal volume, it is not going to get filled at a good price.

I on the other hand can buy 5,000 shares of it without moving the needle.
I was actually referring to a personal broker.

Aapl - x 13
vrsn - x 11

Several of my "bagger" numbers dilute as I drip.

All money in the bank.

Happy 2020 :)

Apple was my biggest loss. I always did my own picking and trading but decided to go with a broker that a couple of my friends was having good results with. I decided to start slow and invested $10K with him, promising more when I saw what he could do. He managed in about 2 years to turn it into $5k, but that was not the big loss. He talked me out of buying Apple at what now would have been a split adjusted price of $1 per share. Then later talked me out of it again at $2 split adjusted. I bailed for the loss of of $5k and went into mutual funds and stop playing with individual stocks and didn't realize what he really cost me till years later. I figure at most I would have bought $4k worth of Apple stock so if I would have hung onto it.....

I bought AAPL before the 7:1 split. I paid around $19 back in the day and have used drip. I have never sold a share. Needless to say, my portfolio is NOT balanced by any means. I suppose that makes me a gambler of the worst sorts.

I bought AAPL before the 7:1 split. I paid around $19 back in the day and have used drip. I have never sold a share. Needless to say, my portfolio is NOT balanced by any means. I suppose that makes me a gambler of the worst sorts.

That doesn't make you a gambler, it makes you smart and wealthy!

Have you been getting in on the very impressive appreciation of Tesla (TSLA) lately? I didn't get in before last year but I was able to load up at $185/share (now at $1120). So, a 6 bagger in a year and a month in the middle of a pandemic. However, those who got in at $17 in 2010 have seen a 65 bagger in exactly 10 years!

Still a ton of rapid growth left over the next 5-10 years.

Last edited:
WKHS: workhorse group.

I’m up 650% in a month. Technology company; Electric delivery vans and possible USPS $6 billion contract.

Has definitely given me confidence in choosing individual stocks again.

It’s amazing that it only takes one to send your portfolio through the roof.

I’m up 650% in a month. Technology company; Electric delivery vans and possible USPS $6 billion contract.

Nice! I saw some stock picking site recommending it, but thought it was too much of a gamble hype at 8, but I don't know anything apparently...

I have 2 of those:
MNST - x10, bought is 2009
MA - x20, bought in 2008
Bad part - both are relatively small positions, good part - both are in ROTH IRA.

CYDY - very promising therapeutic for COVID, triple negative breast cancer, HIV, and a couple others. Bought and sold a couple times, so right now I'm sitting at about a 20 bagger. It's a bit of a lottery ticket, but so far so good.

The company I retired from in 2015.
No, it wasn't insider trading :)

29143-albums233-picture2202.png

Last edited:

Bumping this thread as Workhorse (WKHS) is in the news again. Hoping to see something like MM had in the last run up. Mine were only paper gains and losses at the time since I didn’t sell, but hey, I’m still up 75% since I bought in last year. Fun money at this point but you never know…

Got to 9x with TSLA during 2020 but it's down since the beginning of this year. I'll get to 10x soon enough!

Apple is a 6 bagger for me. Was somewhat flat since that stock split last year, but is starting to move up lately.

Same. I’d like to take some money off the table there, but think there’s room to go higher. AAPL is a non-trivial part of my net worth (~10%) thanks to the run-up, and logically diversifying it makes sense. Emotionally, I want to hold on and let it run up some more. I guess I’m a dirty market timer now?

Back
Top Bottom