Terminal illness and SS decision.

Ima . . . My oldest brother was diagnosed with glioblastoma back in 2017. I have zero words of wisdom but wish you and your dear husband peace and healing as you move through this challenging journey.

Thank you all for your comments, recommendations, insights and sharing your own experiences. I value every post.

DH is still in the rehab hospital but we are hoping for a Saturday release. He will have to be watched 24/7 as the surgery really disrupted his cognitive abilities. His short term memory is poor, he can’t track time or days and he wouldn’t be able to get himself out of danger or call 911 if something happened.

Next week he goes in for a day of MRI’s and tests so that his radiation can be planned. I was surprised that PerryinVa reported that even with Medicare and a supplement that the costs for his treatment might run 10k a month or so. The vast majority or people in this country cannot afford that (although we can and will) so do people just not get the care they need? That is a very sad thought.
Surgery was Part A. Chemo or radiation is Part B. Follow up drugs are Part D. Your additional coverages are intertwined with B and C.

And of course there are variations and personal case differences.

The various health entities make a pre-determination of benefits.

There is usually one savvy person at the treatment clinic who understands the codes and what is covered and other matters.

Ima.. I noticed you posted on the site a couple of weeks ago. It was good to see your name pop up. I'm sure the last 3 months have been very difficult. I just wanted to say that you have people here wishing the best for you and your DH...

Back
Top Bottom