Thanksgiving Dinner: Any "unusual" foods at your table?

One of the recipes that I came across had a footnote that referenced a certain cookbook and author, and stated that this particular recipe for rabbit was the same as the one he had given for cat! :sick:

As for the taste....it tasted pretty much like a cross between chicken and pork roast, and the texture was almost identical to that of a pork roast.

Oh, so it DOES taste like cat. That would explain the recipe re-use.

(I kid, I kid. Although after repeatedly catching one of the cats trying for turkey yesterday, the thought did cross my mind... :whistle: )

Nope,not Bambi...this time! Although we did have Bambi or it's relative a couple of years ago for Thanksgiving. We always give our neighbors some of the abundance of our garden's produce, and in return we receive meat....mostly venison in one form or another. That year we had a nice venison roast!
xmas-smiley-006.gif

:(

Actually, I know hunting is necessary for deer population control and some folks seem to enjoy it. :nonono:
Hunting is especially critical in my neck of the woods because there are few natural predators. I have uncut woods areas right scross the street and behind my house. The winter cold and food shortage keeps the herds under control more than hunting, as told to me by local hunters.
I've tried venison, in chili, stew and the tenderest cut (name?) marinated and grilled. I really don't like the taste. The psychological thing is also a factor.
So you are very welcome to have my share. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom