That was close

rdy4er

Recycles dryer sheets
Almost went back to work.
I retired in January of last year. With the economy and high inflation I got spooked. Looked for and accepted a new job that was supposed to start on February 1st. I came to my senses and called yesterday to tell them I won’t be coming to training.
I have 10 years of bonds, followed by SS starting. My withdrawal rate is 3.6% (up from a low of 3%).
Besides, I am enjoying my freedom too much, phew

Last edited:
You'll get used to the market fluctuations and how if you just stay invested it will turn out fine. If you do decide to go back to work, that's OK as well; the beauty of retirement is you can do what you want to.

You'll get used to the market fluctuations and how if you just stay invested it will turn out fine. If you do decide to go back to work, that's OK as well; the beauty of retirement is you can do what you want to.

That’s the truth

Yes, every day is Yours to decide what you want to do!
Stay home, return to work, volunteer, travel, so many amazing choices.
Wonderful.

Glad you are valuing all those years of work you put in to earn that retirement merit badge. Would have been a shame to have to give it back.

So glad you came to your senses. Your good planning made that possible. Keep the faith!

Almost went back to work.
I retired in January of last year. With the economy and high inflation I got spooked. Looked for and accepted a new job that was supposed to start on February 1st. I came to my senses and called yesterday to tell them I won’t be coming to training.
I have 10 years of bonds, followed by SS starting. My withdrawal rate is 3.6% (up from a low of 3%).
Besides, I am enjoying my freedom too much, phew

:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom