The Automat (2021 Film)

Now I really have nothing to say about Automats but I suppose it’s OK to do that if it’s a thread you started.

Flipping through the channels just now, I came across another movie with music by Mancini and Mercer: Charade, starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. A fantastic movie that seems like classic Hitchcock but isn’t. Great scenes of Paris (still no L’Automat, though).

Oh, I never saw that! Thanks.

Enjoy. You’re in for a treat (I hope). Another classic is Roman Holiday, enjoyable scenes for visitors to, of course, Rome.

Yes, it’s been a while but have seen Roman Holiday multiple times.

It was only a few years ago that I learned Audrey Hepburn lived much of her childhood in the Netherlands, including during the Nazi occupation, and speaks Dutch.

Last edited:
Charade is a great movie. Cary Grant at his best.

Side note: When I taught I had a female student named Kerry Grant. Her peers didn’t get it.

Charade is a great movie. Cary Grant at his best.

Side note: When I taught I had a female student named Kerry Grant. Her peers didn’t get it.

What a guy, that Cary Grant. Good thing your student wasn’t named Archibald Leach! I think I read somewhere he said, “Everybody wants to be Cary Grant. Even I want to be Cary Grant!”

Oh my. Just found another Hepburn/Mancini combo: Wait Until Dark.

That one freaked me out majorly when we went to see it on release. The theater turned off all the lights at the climax. What fun!

Back
Top Bottom