The Bar is Open

Makes a good after supper / dessert drink.

About the deceased, one year after the cremation of my father-in-law, we had a family gathering up in our high-country home to scatter the ashes. The lot is on a hillside with native evergreen trees, so it felt appropriate. Following some advice, we also broke the urn and scattered its fragments.

When I die, I will instruct my children to do the same for me.

You don't think when I am dying, I can set up the texting message before hand and just hit "send" when I am exhaling?

Anyway, my wife will surely survive me and she will take care of my ashes. No problem.

PS. It's not that I care about my ashes. Rather, my instruction will save them the trouble of knowing what to do with it.

Last edited:
Oh myyyy. Cheers! :greetings10: And happy Friday*

*Although ... being retired I kind of lose track of the days of the week. :blush:

Nice renovation of the etagere. I'm sure you will enjoy it's new purpose.

You can decide what is appropriate to do with the ashes sometime in the future. My uncle's ashes rested in a box on a shelf for nearly 5 years to honor my aunt's wishes that I wait until she was gone. Their ashes were placed together at the beach per their written wishes in their estate plan. It is nice to know what is wanted by the deceased.

Awesome thread. Enjoy it while it's in your face. Booze /men/women. Life is way too short.

Nice repurpose, and for a good cause!

Is it top heavy? Would hate to see all those valuables broken...

Nice repurpose, and for a good cause!

Is it top heavy? Would hate to see all those valuables broken...

No no. That would be a form of alcohol abuse.

Back
Top Bottom