the cottage

tikitoast

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi,
I don't post a lot but am a faithful lurker. Over the summer you all held my hand and said I would come through after a know-nothing trustee (my deceased dad's representative) churned my portfolio to death over a period of years, and left me with less money than what was in there to begin with. You said to buck up and get on with our lives, and so we have.

Good news, we found a house within our new, adjust-for-reality price range! Below shows my DH in the doorway of "The Cottage." Best part? Home Depot is only charging us a small fee for the lot space in front of the store!

img_457778_0_3b303fea24b06e86d4598b64a5069317.jpg

Man, I remember your story. Did you squeeze anything out of the trustee or did you walk away?

mickeyd and martha - The guy's my uncle and I honestly think he tried his best. He's just a dummy about money. There was around 55K left when it devolved to me...I don't want to lose any more of it in a suit that might not pan out...Plus, I don't care to destroy whatever goodwill is left between my uncle and me. He's my only remaining relative.

But I've thought of it...it's tough when the trustee is a family member.

Heh, tiki, I have a long, ugly commute and although I am not really interested in moving, I looked at RE near work. The cottage you found is about what I could afford.

Does it come with air conditioner, heater, electrical outlets, sewage and water?

Spanky said:
Does it come with air conditioner, heater, electrical outlets, sewage and water?

Sure: no glass in the windows, sun shines on it, if you run an electrical cord out to it, a bucket, when it rains.

Told DW in the event of my untimely death, I come back and haunt anyone squandering the wad. :eek:

Thanks, guys, for helping me laugh at this. I really needed to.

Happy holidays to y'all! :D

Thanks, Nun, for the tinyhomes link. I like those. We don't have property yet...but it's food for thought... 8)

Back
Top Bottom