The dingo ate my babies

I think the coyotes are staging a revolt - there were several sightings and more than the 2 attacks in the news, then there was one much farther away in arrowhead - guess all those howls at night are more like conference calls!

Or is this more like the shark phenom where this happens but not reported?

There's a huge nature reserve behind that park making it more susceptible than other areas...and there are "green spaces" in that region made specifically for the wildlife - of which coyotes are one of the major species =b

The coyote is not a very aggressive animal. We have lots of coyotes around my town (Boulder, CO) and there are never any stories about them being aggressive toward humans. Of course, they will attack and eat a cat or a dog if they can. That is their nature. This is not a problem. The problem is human encroachment into areas where coyotes have lived for eons. In my opinion, humans need to adjust their behavior if they are going to live in proximity to wild animals.

Yes, Caroline, great and weird minds think alike!

Just an aside about domestic dogs as protectors: My son's dog saw a coyote behind their duplex one late afternoon and went after it. This is just an ordinary mutt, part huskie, part who knows?
Also, one time I was hiking on a trail and my Golden Retriever stopped, stared down the slope of the mountainside, growling low, and the hair on his back stood up. He was very intent on whatever it was. I tried to see what he was staring at but couldn't see anything. So I got out of there really fast. He's never acted that way about any wildlife we have encountered from foxes, to coyotes. I am afraid it might have been a cougar. And I have no doubt after that incident that my Teddy bear of a Golden Retriever would have attacked a cougar to protect me.

Last edited:
Someone ate the baby
It's rather sad to say
Someone ate the baby

So she won't be out to play
We'll never hear her whiney cry

Or have to feel if she is dry
We'll never hear her asking why why why

Someone ate the baby

Someone ate the baby
It's absolutely clear
Someone ate the baby