The dog hit the bell on the front door at 4AM twice, they were light taps..

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The dog hit the bell on the front door at 4AM twice, they were light taps.. I’ve learned that I can wait until she really hits it hard. My preference is not until 5AM - when my exterior lights come on. It would have worked but then some creature made a racket outside our window. “What was that” <b><u>”I don’t know you better go see” </u></b>. Turned on the light and got yelled at - The Mrs was looking out the window; I guess I ruined her night vision.

A little while later a fox started calling and the old dog went nutz for 10 minutes then the fox sound faded off and sure enough 5AM and the old pooch scratched in earnest.. I got up started the coffee and took her out.

As I was writing this DD was off to work but stopped to chat and said “hey there is the fox”. DD woke up and was scared by the wailing of the fox. Sure enough 6:30 AM and I see a fox at the edge of my woods. I am thinking they’ve taken up residence under my or my neighbors shed again. Soon there will be pups.
By 6:30 they are near there den for the day. Just great fox noises all night! The dog is going to love that.

Will we ever get sleep?

^^^This is why I run a circulation fan on high 365 days a year for the white noise. I'm a really light sleeper, and will hear every car going by on the road, and whatever the cat/dogs do during the night otherwise.

First world fur kid problems. :LOL:

Our rotten, evil, satanic, and wonderful mutt will paw/scratch the bedroom door just once. If he gets no takers (me), then a few minutes will pass and then 2-3 doors scrapes. That's his shot across the bow; I'm up and on duty. If I try to go for three reminders, the third one is constant and then I have fur kid and DW sideways with me. :mad:

In fairness to fur kid, that was dad's rule to two legged urchins as well. If I got past a second "warning," the next level was thermo-nuclear DD (Dangerous Dad). I can only think of 2 or 3 occasions where I went there (the family may be of a different memory on that). :D

^^^This is why I run a circulation fan on high 365 days a year for the white noise. I'm a really light sleeper, and will hear every car going by on the road, and whatever the cat/dogs do during the night otherwise.

My tinnitus takes care of the white noise issue.

Getting woke up thanks to the dog is not fun. Fortunately our dogs rarely get up before we do, and if they really sense something outside we have a dog door they let themselves in and out. Dog door is the best thing, if you have a fenced yard of course.

I read somewhere a suggestion from a guy that wanted an alarm clock that sounded like his dog throwing up. People who will sleep through/ignore anything else (including a smoke alarm) will get up quickly if they hear the dog getting sick (esp if the dog shares their bed).

So the dog is outside? I crate my little ones in our bedroom and run a fan. Our big guy just slept on a dog bed and was quiet unless he had to go to the bathroom bad. They usually get me up between 6:30-8.

Our pup is still on the old work schedule, so we are up by 5 am daily, sometimes earlier.
But that's OK, as I am unable to change my sleep schedule, too; even over 2 years into retirement:(

i think that for a little extra, they come fully assembled.

IMG_0613.JPG

Back
Top Bottom