The Great Debate - Best Beer for the buck?

Miller high life, the champaigne of beers. affordable and taste good.

Fosters is better but not as affordable

Blue moon is good stuff

You're speakin' muh language. If I had to buy beer to drink for the rest of my life it'd be Miller Lite. 3 cases idling in the basement as we "speak". Damn I love loss leaders/ new competition, etc.

If I was stranded on a desert island and had to drink one beer, but didn't have to buy it, it'd be blue moon.

Funny thing is, they're approaching each other in price, lately. Pesky economics of mega/macrobrews.

For the 'spendier' stuff, I choose Sam Adams and/or Leinie's. i.e. if money was no object.

I'm a simple man... and I've had a scant few damn good homebrews in my short time. I've yet to make it to Germany.

As far as the quantity is quality argument, Busch Lite, Natty Ice, Icehouse, Mickey's, etc. -- tough to win that argument if you try to play the purist 'quality card'. The college kid will rock your world every time. Next time the argument comes up, it might take a couple cases, and a couple of catfishin' rods on a boat to really shake out a decision.

-CC

Don't know about 'for the buck' and clearly all individual preference, but when I drink beer it's

Attachments

• guiness-big.gif
    guiness-big.gif
    107.6 KB · Views: 3
Yes Guinness is good, not many places carry it in my neck of the woods.

The ultimate best beer is the one the neighbor brings over to interrupt whatever I'm doing for a round of BS.

For a light beer---I used to like Rolling Rock Green Light. RR has changed their light beer recipe and the new stuff is pure dreck in my opinion. I would just as soon have Milwaulkee's Best Light (really, really cheap) as the new recipe.

For those looking for a great brew around Seattle, check out Snoqualmie Brewery - fantastic stuff. You can get it at the brewery, and several local retailers. I'm partial to the Wildcat IPA and Steam Train Porter, but they are all excellent.

I was introduced to this beer by the two owners, who routinely bring it to boating gatherings in the PNW. Definitely top notch stuff.

Also, they make the best root beer I've ever tasted...but you won't find it for sale anywhere. Gotta go in person, have good timing, and ask real nice like...:D

Bud Light at Costco gets my cheap beer dollars.

When I feel like splurging, I pick up some Spaten at the local beverage store

Back
Top Bottom