The Lennon Report

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I know there are many Beatles fans here. Has anyone seen or is planning to see The Lennon Report? If you have seen it, what did you think?

First I've heard of it. Guess I'll google it to see what it's about.

I just watched the documentary Good Ol' Freda, borrowed from my local library. That was really delightful. (She was The Beatles' fan club secretary for some 11 years. If you are a Beatles fan and haven't seen, go out and do so!)

And a couple of weeks ago I saw that Ron Howard doc Eight Days a Week at a local movie theater. I enjoyed that, too, very much. (Available only on Hulu now.)

BTW: Happy Birthday to John, who would have been 76 tomorrow, Sunday, Oct. 9.

And a couple of weeks ago I saw that Ron Howard doc Eight Days a Week at a local movie theater. I enjoyed that, too, very much. (Available only on Hulu now.)
I saw the Ron Howard film in the theater too and enjoyed it. It was worth seeing in the theater for the bonus restored footage of the entire Shea Stadium set. Amazingly clear. What a treat to see it.

Hadn't heard of The Lennon Report though. Will look out for it. Thanks for the tip.

BTW: Happy Birthday to John, who would have been 76 tomorrow, Sunday, Oct. 9.

DD was born on 10/9, and DGD1 was born on 2/25 (George Harrison's birthday). DGD2 (born earlier this year) had the unmitigated gall to be born 3 days before Paul McCartney's birthday. I was bummed. I was planning on getting the band back together.

Edit: I just Googled the movie. I'm not sure it's going to be that interesting or entertaining, at least to me. I was devastated when John was shot and killed, and revisiting that aspect of his story doesn't really interest me. I prefer to stick with the earlier days. A Hard Day's Night is about as accurate as a documentary as I want to deal with.

Last edited:
Look for @johnlennon on Twitter. There is a link to Spotify Playlist there.

whoa never heard of these movies, will definitely check them out! especially Good Ol' Freda. i've been in love with the Beatles for so long and still curious to see/hear/learn more about them. wonder whether The Lennon Report is a true story or not (apart from JL fact of course)

Be sure to also view the Extra Features of that Good 'Ol Freda DVD. After watching the movie, watch it again with her and the director's commentary turned on. She tells even more anecdotes.

Also, if you have not read Miss O'Dell: My Hard Days and Long Nights with The Beatles, The Stones, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, and the Women They Loved by Chris O'Dell--who worked for Apple Corps for many years and had "relationships" with a few famous musicians--be sure to do so. I couldn't put it down! (She lived with George and Patti for a while, too. She was also one of the handful of folks sitting against the wall with Yoko during The Beatles' rooftop concert in 1969! The blonde on the right.)
2013-1-30-beatles_rooftop_concert_2-533x326.jpg

Last edited:
I suggest everyone see the show Love in Las Vegas. Masterful remastering of their music. Seen it twice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Back
Top Bottom