The Most Misleading Product Claims In America

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just thought it was interesting. Some came as no surprise at all, but some were new to me.

1. POM Wonderful
2. Skechers Shape-Ups
3. 5-Hour Energy
4. California Shelled Walnuts (Diamond Foods)
5. Siri (Apple)
6. Splenda (Johnson & Johnson)
7. Nutella
8. Hyundai & Kia
9. Strawberry Naturally Flavored Fruit Roll-Up (General Mills)

The Most Misleading Product Claims In America - Road Runner

There is a radio station in my area that plays classic rock during the week - love it. On weekends it has vitamin/supplements ads in the mornings. I listen for entertainment. Vitamin D, raspberry ketones, resveritol, KQ10. Some of the claims are just flat out magical....I wonder how they get away with it :nonono:

I only dislike the demonizing of saturated fat in Nutella (not that it IS a healthy option, because there is a crapload of sugar in there), but all of the others are "duh" moments for me.

The Most Misleading Product Claims In America

I guess "government products" weren't considered in putting this list together:LOL:

It's interesting to see POM at the top of the list. DH and I have been using it lately - a splash in sparkling water makes for a very pleasant drink. Costco has a decent price on the largest bottle, otherwise it's too $$$.

I knew it was full of antioxidants, but I had no idea they were making all those health claims, LOL! We're not drinking 8oz a day, either!

Commercials advertising for-profit colleges.

Statistics on their graduation rates and quality of education, especially when coupled with very high student loan debt, don't bear out the images of all the smiling faces skipping off to their new high salary dream jobs.

I guess this means that if I order all that Cindy Crawford stuff, I will soon look 20 years younger.

Back
Top Bottom