The most unhappy occupation

What an odd list...flooring and tile work is considered to be the 5th worst job of all and secretary is the 4th best. Really? :confused:

1. It's England
2. It was 3 years ago
3. Company secretary is usually an executive job. It's not representative of all secretaries.

Here is the 2016 list from Worlopolis, actually from Glassdoor.
http://careers.workopolis.com/advice/the-best-and-worst-jobs-to-have-in-2016/

There ought to be a standard methodology for doing these studies, not just a "happiness index".

Last edited:
What an odd list...flooring and tile work is considered to be the 5th worst job of all and secretary is the 4th best. Really? :confused:

One of my neighbors years ago was a carpet and tile guy. He was done before he hit 40. His knees were shot. He spent a lot of time without work during housing downturns and worked way too much in the busy times. Last I heard he was the head of the building maintenance group in a large warehouse.

i remember that job, it was called the SST $@!^ sucking truck, but unlike me he drove around, i walked

Lots of references to the porta-potty guy's plight in this thread. For a humorous and uplifting take on the job, check out the movie "Kenny".

Lots of references to the porta-potty guy's plight in this thread. For a humorous and uplifting take on the job, check out the movie "Kenny".

One thing he points out near the end of the trailer is that he never worries about getting laid off.:LOL:

One thing he points out near the end of the trailer is that he never worries about getting laid off.:LOL:

I've used the same septic guy for about 10 years. He's been sucking a few of my septic tanks. Happy guy, never stressed. 20 minute $150 now up to $240. Shart pays! I estimate if he is doing 4 houses a day he is grossing $150K, maybe working 3-4 hours a day.:facepalm:

Many many times call him he says "i will get to you next Tuesday when I get back from XXX."

Perhaps I needed to more clearly articulate my point, which was that job conditions and preferences differ markedly between countries, and should not be assumed to be equivalent. I hope that helps! :flowers:

If the keyword is "unhappy" the job of

is as unhappy as it gets. Also demoralizing and soul destroying.

Could not agree more. In the crap business we'd use the "It may be s___ to you but it's bread and butter to me line." Is there any possible humor line for dealing with child protective services or for that matter anything connected with services to disadvantaged people?

Oh, I forgot to mention, the case worker is often at physical risk and the pay is terrible.

I think crack whore is probably worse than working for CPS, being a dentist, or being a septic guy.

I think crack whore is probably worse than working for CPS, being a dentist, or being a septic guy.

Yeah, but there's a comprehensive drug plan.

Back
Top Bottom