The pitfalls of Amazon

jfn111

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Sitting out on the deck last night I realized we had forgotten to pick up some new drip pans for our Weber grill. I log onto Amazon with my phone and see I can get 30 for $14.99 or 50 for $16.99.
I hemmed and hawed about whether to get the 30 or 50 before convincing myself that 30 would be enough. (I wanted the 50 because of the cheaper per unit cost).
After placing the order I start to realize I only use around one per year. I now have enough drip pans for the next 30 years. :facepalm:

Sitting out on the deck last night I realized we had forgotten to pick up some new drip pans for our Weber grill. I log onto Amazon with my phone and see I can get 30 for $14.99 or 50 for $16.99.
I hemmed and hawed about whether to get the 30 or 50 before convincing myself that 30 would be enough. (I wanted the 50 because of the cheaper per unit cost).
After placing the order I start to realize I only use around one per year. I now have enough drip pans for the next 30 years. :facepalm:

You need to grill more often... :D
I use one as catch pan and moisture source every time I smoke ribs
(but then in true tightwad fashion I wash it and re-use it until it gets a hole.)

Well, as they say, it's good to be prepared! :ROFLMAO: :2funny:

I bought a bunch of Amazon Basics stuff yesterday and at the checkout they surprised me with 20% off, due to a "stock up and save!!" promotion. I had no idea that such a promotion even existed.

Yeah, 30 is a lot, but if you got 5 it probably would have been about the same to cover shipping cost. Some things are still better to buy locally, if you can find them. ACE hardware is a good source for grilling supplies.

Perhaps other uses for those? Maybe for painting, changing oil in mower or backup generator, gardening, etc. Think outside the box, or pan now..... Lol

Sell quantities of 5 in a lot on ebay and get most of your money back.

I did the same thing last summer. I was going to buy the Weber branded drip pans, which I think were $9.99 a dozen, then went on Amazon and found 25 drip pans for $12.89. No brainer, IMO.

But, yeah, now I got enough grill drip pans for the next 10 years.

I could use a few.
At least you didn't buy a 50 year supply.

Unless in a few years you forget where you stored them and have to order some more. (I'm guilty of that with a lot of things!)

Ill take this one step further... since my DW does this stuff all the time... I mean its a bargain to save money...
She would have bought the 50... then stuck them in the back of the cabinet with the 30 pack she picked up last year on sale she forgot about.....
The other day it was Popcorn.... we eat some on a occasional basis...
Picked up 2 huge boxes on sale... and then found about a years worth already in the cabinet.

Sell quantities of 5 in a lot on ebay and get most of your money back.
That would justify me buying 30, but then I'd never get around to it. But something like that, there's always another use.

Back
Top Bottom