The rewards of FI - A day off

Culture

Recycles dryer sheets
Taking advantage of my new self-employed status, I declared a holiday today and spent the day riding along the Brazos River looking for spots to launch my kayak. Since it is a high-bank river with limited public access, this is a real challenge.

As an aside, I rode 112 miles on my 250cc motorcycle and got 76 mpg. Most of the driving was rural highways at 50-65 mph.

Looking forward to my next day off when I expect to go kayaking. The river is a little too high right now. I located a nice launch site about 11 miles upriver from my house. This should make an easy day trip. I located another launch site about 20 miles upriver which would make a long day trip or a nice overnight trip.

Sounds like a lot of fun, as I sit here in my apartment with my megacorp email on, rain outside, and daydreaming of rivers, canoeing, RVing, and motorcycling...

R

Sure the rainy weekends we've been having are getting me down - lots of plans either cancelled or rescheduled. It sucks being stuck inside at work on a nice sunny day.
However this year it isnt geting me down as much as usual

Only have 5.5 more days of work then Im "early retiring"
I can see the sun at the end of the tunnel

Sounds like a fun way way to find launch sites. In a way thanks. Reminded me to renew my kayak launch permit. I'm strictly a lazy flat water kayaker.
Prefer early morning paddles drifting slowly through the mist.
Enjoy your self imposed day off.

Taking advantage of my new self-employed status, I declared a holiday today and spent the day riding along the Brazos River looking for spots to launch my kayak. Since it is a high-bank river with limited public access, this is a real challenge.

As an aside, I rode 112 miles on my 250cc motorcycle and got 76 mpg. Most of the driving was rural highways at 50-65 mph.

Looking forward to my next day off when I expect to go kayaking. The river is a little too high right now. I located a nice launch site about 11 miles upriver from my house. This should make an easy day trip. I located another launch site about 20 miles upriver which would make a long day trip or a nice overnight trip.

Easy big fella. Before you know it, you will want to experience the full time ER lifestyle. ;)

Back
Top Bottom