The same knee procedure 18 months later - what's new

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
1. Mursa nose swab test
2. Coated my nose with thickened Benadryl -pre op
3. 3 Tylenol tablets every 8 hours

Finally although the leg still hurts I wasn't as 'sick'. I mean I was grey and felt miserable last time. This time not so much. The question is it because I knew what was coming? The physical therapists said I already have a greater range of motion?

It can happen either way. I spent years talking a reluctant patient into a replacement. She said she was cursing at me the first day, but sent me flowers When she left the hospital because she felt so much better. She couldn't wait to get the second knee done and wound up in pain for months. Eventually though, after years of heavy pain medication use, she was off all meds and extremely happy with the results. "I wish I'd done it sooner" is the usual result.

I got my new knee this week. I'm still in the cursing phase and posting this in the middle of the night.

Wooooo .... we are all friends here.
1. I take 3 regular strength Tylenol 3 times a day.
2. Did left knee 18 months ago did right last Friday.

Not cursing anyone but I'm still in the pain stage... searching for a comfortable position, sleeping in my easy chair... and so dependent on the wife. God bless her.

Last edited:
Good luck in your recovery--wishing you a speedy one and praying the MRSA test is negative.

Good luck with the knee Ray, I didn't understand what you were asking. :blush:

I'm getting knee surgery next week (meniscus repair) and that will be a cake walk compared to you who have graduated to mechanical apparatus!

Good luck with the knee Ray, I didn't understand what you were asking. :blush:

I'm getting knee surgery next week (meniscus repair) and that will be a cake walk compared to you who have graduated to mechanical apparatus!

Ive come to appreciate any surgery is a big deal... good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom