Things to do in the last 2 months at work

Hi, just want to update all who replied to this thread. My last day of employment which was supposed to be today is extended to end of August. So, I still have 6 weeks to check the boxes in my list. Most of them have been checked anyways. The 6 additional weeks works well for both my firm and I since they are still looking for my replacement and I don't mind the additional 6 weeks as it is summer when volume of work is lowest. I am even exempted from having to do 360 review too!

I'm glad that you don't mind working the extra 6 weeks. It was nice of you to agree to stay, since they needed you. Maybe you can save part of those paychecks to buy yourself something special later on.

Have you thought of what you will do, if they haven't found your replacement by the end of August?

Hi W2R, I won't change my mind on 31st Aug. I'm turning 50 very soon after and I am overdue on my ER. Also, a major eye surgery early this year made it the deciding factor to ER. Yes, the extra cash is just grand! It goes into a nice trip later on when DH can take vacation (he will continue to work). Counting the days....

Hi W2R, I won't change my mind on 31st Aug. I'm turning 50 very soon after and I am overdue on my ER. Also, a major eye surgery early this year made it the deciding factor to ER. Yes, the extra cash is just grand! It goes into a nice trip later on when DH can take vacation (he will continue to work). Counting the days....

Sounds wonderful! I hope the two of you have a wonderful time on the trip. :D:D:D

As far as I know, after more than a year of advertising they never found anyone who was sucker enough to be my replacement. So, they divided my job up among three people and then the plan was to hire someone new to take on some of their other tasks. :rolleyes: That's why I asked - - I don't think it is always that easy to find replacements for experienced retirees with all of our "institutional knowledge" and "know how" so to speak.

Thks all and the thread from the Forum is comprehensive enough. I doubt I'll miss my badge (has a truly awful photo on it). Will miss my blackberry though. I'll just keep my business cards and a few pieces of printed stationery with my name on it as souvenir. Good thing I booked early for the medical check up because the earliest available date was end of June. Now I have to shop around for a new broker.

get new business cards with a fake job title on them and see if supervisor notices LOL

Back
Top Bottom