Thinking of moving large chunk from MM to short term Bonds

I'm about 4 years from FIRE and 50% stocks 50% bonds and MM. I have one year's expenses in a MM and the rest of my conservative money is divided between Vanguard Bond Index, Wellesley Fund and Vanguard Inflation Protected Securities Fund. I'm going to eliminate the MM and start creating a CD ladder with 4 years of expenses because the MM and not FDIC insured, but the CDs will be and I want maximum security in my cash buffer. The money I have left after creating the CD ladder I'll keep at a 50/50 ratio using the funds mentioned along with US and International equity index funds

We are the knights who until recently said "whee."

For many years I have evenly divided my short term reserves between a MMF and the Vanguard ST bond index fund. I have never had to tap the STB portion yet, but often dip into the MMF to pay large bills.

For many years I have evenly divided my short term reserves between a MMF and the Vanguard ST bond index fund. I have never had to tap the STB portion yet, but often dip into the MMF to pay large bills.

Just curious, do you recharge the MMF from the Vanguard ST bond index bucket or from other sources?

Back
Top Bottom