Those planning a travel, beware that Norwegian may cease operations soon

I will tell my kids that use it all the time. I love how nice there planes are. My DIL only paid 650 for her last trip to Poland.

I will tell my kids that use it all the time. I love how nice there planes are. My DIL only paid 650 for her last trip to Poland.

In 2017 we flew with them Bergen-Krakow, $171 Canadian total for the two of us.

Seattle to London under $200. Have done it a couple times. I’ll probably continue booking it until it doesn’t work.

Thanks for the heads up. I have forwarded the link to DD who has a trip to Paris and London planned in November, flying out of LA. (We’ll be meeting her in Paris )

Pity because we enjoyed our flights with them earlier this year.

The fact that they are now offering $115 one way fares to Europe from the east coast implies that they are having problems filling up their planes and have serious cash flow problems. Most of that $115 fare is airport and transportation taxes. They have new 787 Dreamliners but they have the Trent 1000 engines that are causing all airlines problems. Even when the Boeing MAX is cleared to fly again, they will have the issue of travelers who want to avoid the aircraft. I would avoid this airline or risk being stranded.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...e-way-to-europe-starting-at-115/#1f3faab1195a

Buy tickets using a Credit Card not a Debit Card. At least you have some rights that might help you get some money back in case the airline goes belly up before the trip is completed

Reactions: jj
We flew them for the first time in May of this year and we wondered why the (2) first class tickets were $800 for the both of us. We were flying from Amsterdam to JFK. We had a pleasant flight though. The transatlantic cruise we took going to Europe in April was a little different though.

We flew them for the first time in May of this year and we wondered why the (2) first class tickets were $800 for the both of us. We were flying from Amsterdam to JFK. We had a pleasant flight though. The transatlantic cruise we took going to Europe in April was a little different though.

I don't believe they have first class. It's premium economy or economy with Norwegian. They don't have the lie flat pod seats on their Dreamliners like other airlines do that offer first/business class. What they do give you is lounge access with their premium economy fares and TV dinner like meal service.

We have been flying Norwegian Air Shuttle since they came into the retail market--to and from Europe. Norwegian's process were half or one third the price of the big legacy carriers, and they have been the saving grace to us travelers that fly to Europe often.

We need someone like Norwegian to keep the "big boys" prices in check and fair. But for now, look for some great airfares to the places Norwegian flies. Competition will be trying to put a nail or two into Norwegian's coffin.

We caught a 2 hour sale a few weeks ago with a British Airways non-stop flight to LHR and on to Berlin for about $436 roundtrip. And my wife jumped on that one. That'll be my second and my wife's third European trip in the last year.

If Norwegian doesn't make it, it's been awfully nice. I just hope other budget airlines fill in the space in the market.

A slowing economy will keep air fares low. There is too much capacity now. This is why the newer discount carriers are failing. They have been using the .com business model from the late 90's to gain market share while bleeding cash in a heavily capital intensive industry. That can't continue forever. The major carriers will be cannibalizing each other for market share. We are seeing that right now with business class fares. The discount carriers don't offer this product. We only fly business/first class only transatlantic/transpacific and coast to coast. The fares we are paying now are the lowest I have seen in the last 25 years. We are also starting to see more empty seats on domestic first/business class service.

Agree. We have found prices to be very low.

We fly to Athens in a few days with an Oct. return from London. We bought the tickets (not Norwegian) in early July. I just checked the cost of that ticket this morning for the same flights. $30 more than we paid in July. That tells me that there is lots of unsold capacity.

Last edited:
We are also starting to see more empty seats on domestic first/business class service.

I have the capability to see actual aircraft day of flight loads and future bookings for a major airline and am not seeing many empty seats.

Back
Top Bottom