Time to start planning

IslandGardener

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi all. My husband and I are 53 and 52 respectively and hoping to retire in 2015.

My belief is that we are in the majority, in that our biggest concern is health care insurance. We are currently insured through his employer and from what I gather, both have "major" pre-existing conditions: high blood pressure, high cholestrol, obesity and depression (controled with medication).

I stumbled upon this site yesterday after it dawned on us that we should begin planning our grand adventure. So, here we are, looking forward to learning from all of you.

Hi all. My husband and I are 53 and 52 respectively and hoping to retire in 2015.

My belief is that we are in the majority, in that our biggest concern is health care insurance. We are currently insured through his employer and from what I gather, both have "major" pre-existing conditions: high blood pressure, high cholestrol, obesity and depression (controled with medication).

I stumbled upon this site yesterday after it dawned on us that we should begin planning our grand adventure. So, here we are, looking forward to learning from all of you.
Hello IslandGardener, welcome to the forum. You have an taken an important step by setting a target date. There are many answers around here (more answers than questions), and more importantly, others like you that want to help. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum! My DH (58) retired in July; i (55) am aiming for July 2012. You will get good advice here, including ideas on that health insurance!

Welcome. Never to early to start planning and there's lots of help here. Good luck and see you around.

Welcome aboard, this site has been very helpful for me, I've retired since joining this site - how's that for an endorsement!

Health care is troublesome for us all, and not likely to get easier IMO...

Back
Top Bottom