Tipping esthetician?

I went to a store to pick up a cellphone cable. The cashier software prompted tipping option. I hit no tipping. I wonder how many customers would actually tip.

If begging for money like this becomes mainstream, it will push folks further into the Cyber realm for their "stuff". people like my DW do not like conflict of any kind, this could provoke some from both sides of the counter. They will be cutting their own throats. The beginning of the end for local stores.

"Tip option" screens are an electronic tip jar on the counter: a way of saying, "Other people tip the cashier! Do you want to be the only one who doesn't?"

I would call this an attempt to manufacture peer pressure. As you're probably aware, a lot of people are influenced by peer pressure.

And many others aren't. At some point in my childhood, it occurred to me that your peers never pressure you to do anything that's good for you.

I do not get the angst over the"tipping" indicators appearing on more and more places beyond restaurants. Just hit "no tip" if you do not want to tip. If they glare or snarl or whatever, just smile, wish them a good day, and take your future business elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom