Tough Company for ER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Unless the employee receiving this message is in a position that involves the use of his vehicle for company business, this is wildly out of line. If he's a realtor that drives clients around to showings, for example, the appearance of his vehicle is a legit concern for the company. But if he just drives it to and from the office, it is absolutely none of their business what he chooses to drive.

Years ago, I actually had a patient question me about my car. He said I'm a doctor so surely I could afford something newer and nicer than what I was driving (an old Camry, probably 10+ years old at that point). I told him it drove fine and that wasn't where I chose to spend my money but thanks for the concern.

Exhibit A - for unemployment benefits.

Fired for failure to use one of bosses' dealerships to buy new car . . .

(Have to wonder if there is a kickback involved.)

Yes, I have driven beaters to work. I have even received suggestions that I buy/ finance a new vehicle, which I immediately shot down. (That was simply none of their business.)

Made me look:

"Given that the original poster did not provide any verifiable details and was unlikely to do so, there was no way to determine whether a company’s HR department emailed an employee about their 2005 Toyota and pressured him to unnecessarily purchase a new vehicle. As others noted, it seemed possible but perhaps not plausible a company would commit such an ethically dubious request to writing."
https://www.truthorfiction.com/we-h...of-your-vehicle-viral-human-resources-letter/

This come from r/antiwork? Cause it's right up their alley.

I do recall a major employer in the KC area that wouldn't mind saying things like that to their employees.

Last edited:
This is a good lesson in two rules:

A) ER.org posts should not contain naked links, rather, include enough info in your post so others don't have to click the link to get the idea of the thread

and,

B) Verify before sharing. Things go viral too often but are fake. If it sounds too outrageous/funny/stupid, whatever, it probably is. Many people see the original but not the later confirmation of said fake. You'll see this thread will prove that, as many posters will react to your first post without reading the others.

Carry on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom