Travel During COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the Hilton Honors app.

ApplePay doesn’t need an app. It’s built into the iPhone and Apple Watch.

Third party apps are encouraged to use Apple Pay.

But many won't, because they'd rather get your credit card info. directly in their system.

When you book hotels, they want to collect that info, even though hotels don't have a great record of protecting your info against hacks of their system.

Even if you book through a site like booking.com, when you check in, they try to get you to give them a credit card which they record and also your email.

So the anonymous benefits of Apple Pay and other mobile wallets go against the interests of many businesses, particularly big hotel and retail chains.

The thing is, Apple Pay and other similar things took off in the wake of things like the Target and Marriott hacks.

Heading to Mexico soon for 10 nights. Last 3 nights at an all inclusive that includes a rapid test for our return. We'll be social distancing with friends on the beaches of Puerto Morelos now that spring break and "holy week" is over.

We're both vaccinated for a month...

Heading to Mexico soon for 10 nights. Last 3 nights at an all inclusive that includes a rapid test for our return. We'll be social distancing with friends on the beaches of Puerto Morelos now that spring break and "holy week" is over.

We're both vaccinated for a month...

We love PM great choice for a nice getaway.

I have the free version of several hotel credit cards. Sometimes they get me a free upgraded room. Another low-fee CC gets me a free night once a year. That's about it. I use the cards now and then for minor purchases to keep them active during the covid traveling lull.

Last edited:
We love PM great choice for a nice getaway.

Yeah, we lived just south of there from 2011-15 & this was 1 of many getaways depending on how far we wanted to drive. Isla Mujeres and Mahahual were 2 of our favorites.

We have a few friends who live full time there.

Attachments

• original_409c0e9d-f3a4-4c1c-a94f-56becef81823_IMG_20210418_130321.jpg
    original_409c0e9d-f3a4-4c1c-a94f-56becef81823_IMG_20210418_130321.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 41
Nice! Looks like a good place to get fresh caught fish grilled on the beach! Ceviche and guacamole on the side please!

Masks are off in FL right now, aren't they?

Or there are no mandates being inforced by the state or city govts. at least.

No you still have to wear masks in the common areas of our condo, at supermarkets, and other venues. I was in Florida last October to check on our condo and I found it to be more strict than Southern California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom