Trusted Traveler renewal

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Apparently the renewal program is still using their random number generator on applications.
We recently renewed our NEXUS enrollment (actually our second renewal). Mine was approved within a few days, and hers was just renewed after over three months. I really wonder how the system works. :facepalm:

We have a regular monthly travel Group. One member said they have waited a year....their partner approved in a couple days. Absolutely random. I think I'm due in 2026

Apparently the renewal program is still using their random number generator on applications.
We recently renewed our NEXUS enrollment (actually our second renewal). Mine was approved within a few days, and hers was just renewed after over three months. I really wonder how the system works. :facepalm:
mine and our kids was renewed in days, my wife's has been pending for more than six months.

My wife's was renewed in 2 weeks, ! year later I'm still waiting. I contacted my Congresswoman to see if they can help.

TSA web site says that Global Entry includes TT privileges. I got the TT renewal email but we just renewed our Global Entry permits so I just tossed it.

TSA web site says that Global Entry includes TT privileges. I got the TT renewal email but we just renewed our Global Entry permits so I just tossed it.
Right, Global Entry includes the trusted traveler program. My Global Entry pass ID is my KTN. Did yours change by any chance?

Right, Global Entry includes the trusted traveler program. My Global Entry pass ID is my KTN. Did yours change by any chance?
I don't know what a KTN is. But the physical pass seems to be obsolete anyway. When we got home from Japan last month they just had a facial recognition gadget. No fussing with passport or fingerprints. Just look at the machine until it makes a happy noise and burps out a piece of paper. Very slick.

KTN is the Known Traveler Number. That’s what you enter into your airline ticket info that gets you the TSA pre-check among other things. If you have Global Entry the Pass ID number is your KTN.

I had heard it was taking a long time and you can renew up to a year before, so I had dh renew his last October. He heard nothing for 6 months until he final called/emailed (don't remember how he contacted them) and then was renewed a couple of days later.

So my renewal was due last month, I waited until a week before the due date. I applied Thursday and had my renewal Friday afternoon.

Who knows?

UPDATE! After contacting my congresswoman, filling out a form for them to proceed I finally got my approval. My renewal took exactly one year while my DW who renewed at the same time took 2 weeks. I f you have a problem I'd contact your representative to help.

UPDATE! After contacting my congresswoman, filling out a form for them to proceed I finally got my approval. My renewal took exactly one year while my DW who renewed at the same time took 2 weeks. I f you have a problem I'd contact your representative to help.
Sorry to be a dunce but do I contact my House Rep or Senator?

My wife and I applied for Global Entry on April 4th. She was approved 2 days later. My app still shows pending. And my TSA-Precheck expires on 6/24. I'm stressing because I don't know if I should go ahead and renew my Pre-check. We're not traveling anywhere until the end of Sept when we go to Aruba.

Has anyone tried contacting the Global Entry Enrollment Center in their area to try to get a status update on their app?

... My wife and I applied for Global Entry on April 4th. She was approved 2 days later. My app still shows pending. And my TSA-Precheck expires on 6/24. I'm stressing because I don't know if I should go ahead and renew my Pre-check. ...
According to the TSA web site, Global Entry includes pre-check privileges. No need to deal with pre-check separately if you have good Global Entry status.

You keep the same known traveler number. I thought they extended for quite a while if you reapply.

That’s what they told me when I reapplied to Nexus last week. My Nexus is valid while it is under renewal, even if it expires before they approve (or deny) my renewal request.

Sorry to be a dunce but do I contact my House Rep or Senator?
I don't think it matters. All of them have staff members whose sole function is to help people navigate the federal bureaucracy and connect them with someone who both knows what they're doing and will answer the phone in a given agency.

Get the My TSA app, it allows you to skip the lines but you need to use your phone after the plan lands to enter your flight info
Thanks I used Mobile Passport Control for years but lately the lines were closed for lack of personal to man them especially DFW.

Get the My TSA app, it allows you to skip the lines but you need to use your phone after the plan lands to enter your flight info
When we returned from Japan a couple of months ago, there were no forms or apps involved. The Global Entry kiosk simply took a picture of our faces and spit out a piece of paper that we handed to the officer when we went through the gate.

Soooo, Ms G and are are approved already and have a Saturday
appointment tomorrow for our interview. Yikes

When we returned from Japan a couple of months ago, there were no forms or apps involved. The Global Entry kiosk simply took a picture of our faces and spit out a piece of paper that we handed to the officer when we went through the gate.
And in the next phase they're doing away with the paper slip. On a recent return to the US, we stood in front of the kiosk while it did its facial recognition thing for a couple of seconds and then lit up a green light. When we reached the agent's booth he waved us right through, with nothing but a "Welcome home, Mr. and Mrs. Lorenzo."

And in the next phase they're doing away with the paper slip. On a recent return to the US, we stood in front of the kiosk while it did its facial recognition thing for a couple of seconds and then lit up a green light. When we reached the agent's booth he waved us right through, with nothing but a "Welcome home, Mr. and Mrs. Lorenzo."
That was our experience returning to SAN last weekend. We don't have very many international flights, so I was surprised that they had already upgraded to newer Global Entry kiosks here. DH was trying to figure out what to do with his passport until I pointed out that the green light that says "Completed, proceed to agent" was already on.

Back
Top Bottom