Tucson apartment/condo/house rentals 2-6 weeks.

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
It looks like one part of my family will be moving to Tucson for a new job. If so, I would be interested in renting a small one or two bedroom apartment of condo for anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks, most likely in the Oct-Nov or March-April time frames.

I've never done this before. Where would I look to to find such places? Any idea what the price might be? Would I be better off getting a rental agent to find me possible places?

Thanks.

Funny you should ask - we’re in Tucson right now in a home we rented for 2 weeks thru Airbnb. Nice place - great location for us on east side. In need of an update, but clean and comfortable.

We have a 2 week rental in Tucson next month through Airbnb. . We have had good success all over the country. But we too may have commented from time to time, that the location was not perfect. Having said that, there are reviews of the exact place you will be renting.

Pay attention to the fee system. For example, an extra charge for cleaning may not be shown in the price. It is not deceptive, just a different pricing approach then renting a hotel room.

I’m looking forward to our warm, sunshine there.

Tucson isn't the best city for getting around quickly, area wise it's large and spread out, I10/I19 are the only freeways and many sections of the city are quite a distance from them requiring long drives on busy surface streets. Definitely plan out where you want to visit and stay so they aren't too far apart. Don't have any recommendations on rental sources other than what has been mentioned.

We live in Tucson and did short-term rentals many times before moving here. AirBnB is certainly what I'd check first, but rather than focusing on apartments or condos I personally would look for a casita, which offers more privacy and charm. They're quite common here. VRBO is also worth a look if your budget extends to higher-priced, longer-term offerings.

As others have mentioned, Tucson is quite spread out. And while there's a nice street car service (called Sun Link) it only serves a limited area in and around downtown and the University. The city is very bike-friendly and there's a populr e-scooter program but overall it's a very car-dependent city.

Central Tucson near 4th Avenue and the University is where I'd start my rental search, extending from there into central neighborhoods like Sam Hughes, Blenman Elm and the Presidio.

When looking on AirBnb bear in mind that there's typically a big difference in flexibility/refund policy between weekly rentals and monthly ones, as you often have to forfeit the entire month's rent if you cancel. So read the fine print.

In my experience you can usually negotiate a lower rate for a monthly rental on Airbnb or VRBO by contacting the owner through the website

Has anybody found vacation rentals available in the age 55+ communities in the Tucson area?

The kids are working five days a week and the grands in school, and they do have their lives to live. I thought it would be nice to rent in. 55+ community where I might make some new friends.

Chuck for the 55 and over communities you might try googling a few in your preferred area and see if they have on site rental agency. That might be your best bet. I'm assuming you have to be over 55 to rent and it might be hard to dig through a VRBO type place and winnow out the 55 and overs. I think you'd have better luck in the Fall time frame.

MY DB bought in a 55 and over in PHX and I've been thinking about doing this too. So we would be in proximity to visit but not underfoot in one place.

Last edited:
I suggest calling Tucson Estates and asking about rentals. Check Craigslist too.

Sun City Oro Valley has a listing area on their web site for monthly rentals. I think they banned shorter term/ Airbnb. Other communities may have something similar. We travel with a dog and when we looked a couple of years ago they were all had no pet status.

Try www.furnishedfinder.com. They specialize in furnished rentals targeted for medium term (30 days+). I list a place with them. Fees are less than Airbnb, vrbi, etc. as you are dealing directly with owners

Hotels have gotten into the game too, but generally there are smaller operators I think.

Try www.furnishedfinder.com. They specialize in furnished rentals targeted for medium term (30 days+). I list a place with them. Fees are less than Airbnb, vrbi, etc. as you are dealing directly with owners

Hotels have gotten into the game too, but generally there are smaller operators I think.

Thanks, I didn't know about this. The site works great and there are many listings of interest.

Back
Top Bottom