Turbo Tax Problems

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I efiled my federal and state income tax returns today using Turbo Tax and just got a message from Turbo Tax that they were both rejected for "Federal Taxable Inherited IRA Calculation problems."' When I logged onto Turbo Tax it said that there was a calculation problem and that they were working on it and hope to have it fixed by March 5. Anyone else heaving problems with Turbo Tax?
Funny thing is I don't even have an Inherited IRA. I have a regular IRA and did have to file a form 8606 so maybe that is the problem?

I efiled my federal and state income tax returns today using Turbo Tax and just got a message from Turbo Tax that they were both rejected for "Federal Taxable Inherited IRA Calculation problems."' When I logged onto Turbo Tax it said that there was a calculation problem and that they were working on it and hope to have it fixed by March 5. Anyone else heaving problems with Turbo Tax?
Funny thing is I don't even have an Inherited IRA. I have a regular IRA and did have to file a form 8606 so maybe that is the problem?
I had a couple of "anomalies" this year with TT... They were minor and I figured out how to work around them but it's the first time I can ever remember having any issues with TT... I thought it was "just me" and the way I was using the SW.

I was thinking about starting my taxes soon. Think now I'll wait until earliest, St. Patrick's day :).

I finished and e-filed my Federal and NC return on 2/20/2021.

My Federal and NC returns were accepted 2/20/2021.

Yesterday, I got an e-mail from TurboTax titled, "Official Notice: Your state return is incomplete." The strange thing is, it came to my work e-mail address, which I used to buy my 2020 TurboTax, and not to my personal e-mail, which I use for my TurboTax Federal and NC returns and e-file notifications.

So, I suspect a fraudulent e-mail.

After getting this suspicious e-mail, I opened up TurboTax 2020 this morning, 3/1/2021, to check my e-file status. I let TurboTax update as it requested. When finished updating, TurboTax restarted. The e-file status on both my Federal and NC returns were just fine, just as it was when I finished the returns on 2/20/2021.

So, I shot off an e-mail to TurboTax Security Department with the suspicious e-mail attached!

I finished and e-filed my Federal and NC return on 2/20/2021.

My Federal and NC returns were accepted 2/20/2021.

Yesterday, I got an e-mail from TurboTax titled, "Official Notice: Your state return is incomplete." The strange thing is, it came to my work e-mail address, which I used to buy my 2020 TurboTax, and not to my personal e-mail, which I use for my TurboTax Federal and NC returns and e-file notifications.

So, I suspect a fraudulent e-mail.

After getting this suspicious e-mail, I opened up TurboTax 2020 this morning, 3/1/2021, to check my e-file status. I let TurboTax update as it requested. When finished updating, TurboTax restarted. The e-file status on both my Federal and NC returns were just fine, just as it was when I finished the returns on 2/20/2021.

So, I shot off an e-mail to TurboTax Security Department with the suspicious e-mail attached!

I was concerned that the email I got from Turbotax was fraudulent too so I did not click on it (never do that) but I went to the Turbotax website and it said there my returns were rejected.

As a follow up on my Turbo Tax problem and my federal return being rejected --I got back on Turbo Tax today and refiled my tax returns and the returns were accepted by federal and state

Back
Top Bottom