Turbotax 2017 Amazon available Nov 15

Got the download version of TT premier with efile and state for $59.95 from Tax Pros.

I do this every year. Do my state with the program, print it and mail and save $20 on the state efile. Usually owe state anyway so not in a hurry to file state.

It's right here.... Deluxe w/1 state return.

Wow! I went to that link and for home owner/HSA/investments, it said I needed the Premier version for $79.99 + $39.99 for one state filing. That seems a tip-off to me. I used HRB last year and I was thinking it was much cheaper than that.

Wow! I went to that link and for home owner/HSA/investments, it said I needed the Premier version for $79.99 + $39.99 for one state filing. That seems a tip-off to me. I used HRB last year and I was thinking it was much cheaper than that.
Not sure what you are looking at, but I click same link and see the most expensive if $44.95 (Premium and Business), Premium is $37.48, Deluxe $27.48 and Basic for $14.98. I see nothing $79.99.

Not sure what you are looking at, but I click same link and see the most expensive if $44.95 (Premium and Business), Premium is $37.48, Deluxe $27.48 and Basic for $14.98. I see nothing $79.99.

I have followed that link three different times and been sent to three different pages. First time it was what I described, second time is what you described and the third time it shows only HRB Deluxe for the sale price of $19.95, nothing about other versions. Oh, well.

It's early yet

How about now, is it less early?
Hope we don't have the fido fiasco again this year. I'm referring to the problem they had determining who would get it free. I did and I want my free stuff again.:dance:

How about now, is it less early?
Hope we don't have the fido fiasco again this year. I'm referring to the problem they had determining who would get it free. I did and I want my free stuff again.:dance:

Looks like someone posted about it here Dec 13 of last year.

Well still nothing on Fidelity for their clients but I see this offer:

Why take advantage of this offer with Fidelity
You'll get up to $20 off on TurboTax (both online and desktop versions), whether you are a current Fidelity customer or just visiting Fidelity.com
You can automatically import most investment information directly from your Fidelity accounts into TurboTax using your Fidelity username and password—TurboTax will do the rest1
You can direct deposit your tax refund into your Fidelity account
What you can import from Fidelity
For brokerage and other nonretirement accounts: Form 1099, cost basis, and direct deposit information
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs): Form 1099-R
If Fidelity processes your paycheck: W-2 information
If you have more than 500 transactions to import, try using the desktop version of TurboTax. While there's no limit to the number of transactions you can import using the online version, you may experience technical glitches if you try to import more than 500 transactions. In addition, each entry field has a limit of nine characters (commas included). In both the online and desktop versions, the largest accepted number is 9,999,999 (seven digits and two commas).

https://www.fidelity.com/tax-information/turbotax-discount/overview

$20 discount.

My father pays almost 1% for management fees. Not worth it to get a free product instead of paying $50 or $70.

TurboTax 2017 Home & Business, $80.00 or so. This year was probably the fastest time from purchase to opening the tax form. I would say no more than 15 minutes for the entire process. Now we sit and wait for the march of 1099's, W2's, etc.

I got the Deluxe, because I will not get suckered into buying Premier. There was an upsell try in the Deluxe program that I ignored.
I have it loaded, transferred last years data, and like target2019 have to wait until February for the avalanche of 1099's to be over.
I just enter them as I receive them.

I just got notice from my Fido Rep regarding free Turbo Tax Premier for 2017. Sure enough it's there when I log on. Kudo's to the kid.

I just got notice from my Fido Rep regarding free Turbo Tax Premier for 2017. Sure enough it's there when I log on. Kudo's to the kid.

No notice from my rep, but I just checked and completed the download. Want to verify my end of year transactions. :)

I'm disappointed that Vanguard no longer has this perk, but this year it was helpful for me to get a copy early and run some different scenarios over the last couple of weeks. Next year I'll probably do the same since enough changes will happen to make using the previous year not viable, plus to try to get close to the cliff without going over I really want to use the current year program.

Thanks for the heads up. My rep did not inform me but I logged into my account and downloaded it.

Wow! I looked for this just two days ago and didn’t find it. I guess I was just a wee bit early!

Thanks!

We’re not finding this so I’m not sure what we’re doing wrong.

Where do you find it when you log on?

Never mind. DH was off searching who knows where instead of looking through the start page.

After you log on, scroll down to the bottom and you should see it on the right.

Last edited:
Bingo!

Another year of savings from Fidelity (via early-retirement.org!!!).

Thanks all for the reminder.

OK, you click the Fidelity link and it opens up page to log into your Intuit account.

Then I see all the different editions on the Intuit site and only Premier is free but it says "state additional."

There's a large "Start for Free" button under each of the editions.

But I don't see a link to download the desktop (PC or Mac) versions?

I just did the download minutes ago. I did a search on "download" and it switched me to that option. The download is free too.

Never mind, I figured it out. They will only let you start on the online thing.

So I used search in the far right column and searched for download and one of the hits showed a download link.

Otherwise, there were no download links.

What assholes.

Never mind, I figured it out. They will only let you start on the online thing.

So I used search in the far right column and searched for download and one of the hits showed a download link.

Otherwise, there were no download links.

What assholes.

You just didn't notice it. The download link is there.

Just got TurboTax Premier from Fidelity as well. Quite happy with this little perk.

As I recall, it's always a bit of a hassle to find the download version after clicking the link and logging in to Intuit. This year, there was no download link to be found. I checked everywhere. The only thing that was clickable on the entire page was "Start for Free." Thanks to those who said to search on the word "download." The second search result (Software download of 2017) had a link to the download version for free.

Back
Top Bottom