UFO's who are they ?

A friend and I experienced a UFO at very close proximity in the LA area. It happened 45 years ago and is etched in my memory forever. Instantly changes forever ones concept of life, the idea humans are somehow the only beings of higher intelligence in existence and all the laws of science that would otherwise make this kind of encounter impossible.

Well, I can tell you that I have found no wreckage, discarded parts, bodies, or uniforms in buried 300 million year old beds of ancient plants, ferns, moss, and swamp plants in Wyoming, Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. :) I have found what I thought were meteor pieces though, and sent one back to a university for confirmation.

It is pretty clear that the reported things by military pilots are bugs in their electronics and heads-up displays. There have been no truly visual (unaided by electronics) sightings. Government agencies and contractors don't want to admit flaws in their systems, so they deep-sixed any analysis and their results.

Full disclosure: I used to work with surplus military image intensifiers. They had a lot of problems. Try this: Look at the sun with your eye. How long does it take before you stop seeing a bright spot everywhere else you look?

Full disclosure.I have faith that highly trained fighter pilots are a little smarter and aware than to not know the difference between actually seeing something over and over and a tech blip.Come on.

True, but the speeds would have to be quite close to light speed in order for substantial relativistic effects to kick in. And therein lies the rub. The engineering challenges would be monumental, to say the least. First, create a space craft that can generate and deploy the massive amounts of energy required for long enough to reach, say, 90% of light speed, and then figure out a way to prevent the ship from being obliterated due to countless collisions with tiny bits of interstellar dust and debris, each carrying hundreds or thousands of megajoules of energy due to relativistic effects. For example, at 80% of light speed, a microscopic dust particle weighing only 40 micrograms would release as much energy upon impact as the thermal explosion of half a barrel of crude oil.

Yes but you are operating on human knowledge and have no idea what type of things exist that we have no knowledge of or how old other civilizations could be.I know enough to understand there are things beyond human comprehension.A mere 130 years ago or so we did not even have a car or the ability to fly and I cannot remember the year we discovered electricity.There could be civilizations millions of years old in this vast universe.

The other issue is time.
Assuming life here was a random chance thing, with an incredibly huge number of other planets existing someday there will be life on another planet.
That is simple probability, of course it may have already happened a billion years ago, or will happen in 5,000 billion years.

Our limited timespan view means we may be deceiving ourselves due to the short time we have been around.

It's possible an alien mapping expedition flew by 3 billion years ago, saw no intelligent life signs (transmissions, cities, etc) and carried on.

:LOL:

Same goes for Bigfoot sightings. Remember how many of those were being reported back in the 70s? You'd think by now we'd have hundreds if not thousands of camera-phone pictures of these huge, furry creatures. Except that they were just bears, or people dressed up in gorilla suits, or the figments of some very suggestible folks' imaginations.

The Bigfoot thing was a joke perpetrated by a couple of PNW guys on some very gullible hikers. The joke now has a life of its own.

1. Unidentified is ok. Flying and object are human labels not permitted. It is ok not to know. Really!

2. We need the unknown for future generations of Stanford upper grad and grad students to take courses.

heh heh heh - :rolleyes: :greetings10:

I am one of those serious amateur astronomers (see my screen name) who has spent countless hours under a clear night sky, and I've interacted with many others with the same interests. I know of not one instance of something seen in the sky that couldn't be explained. I've seen airplanes, weather balloons, satellites, meteors, and even planets that could easily be mistaken for something mysterious by people who don't know the "geography" of the sky as well as some of us do.

Heck, I'd be jumping up and down with glee if I saw an extraterrestrial spacecraft, but it hasn't happened yet.

Maybe you should fly with some fighter pilots so you can explain to them how they really are not seeing what they are seeing and chasing.

Back
Top Bottom