UK Based folks - Trading platform (best?)

Cortina

Recycles dryer sheets
I know there's not too many of you out there - but ... after yesterday's announcement that the EQI trading platform has been sold to ii (expected completion summer 2021) - I'm on the hunt for a replacement. Got good help advice here ref USA based broker (now with Schwab and happy for U.S. stocks) ... so asking same question : Who should I move my UK stockholding to ?
(ii looking to charge considerably more for the same service than EQI , and while it's not a lot of £ in the overall scheme of things , on principle ... I gotta look around !)
Thanks

OK , a week has passed ..... I suspect waiting another, for some response, isn't a great plan .... so let me try a different angle

Who are you using , and what has the experience been like ? (plusses and minuses). On the US front , about three names crop up every time - not much to pick between them possibly. On the UK front , there are many more and "comparison sites" are ranking them all over the place ............... hence the question !

I use Freetrade to build up my ISA contribution during the year then 'bed and ISA' using iWeb and more recently X-O.
This April I will be using Trading 212 or maybe Vanguard then out of the market for 31 days with Freetrade to 'reset' base for CGT. For Euro trades I use Fineco. SIPPS are elsewhere. Why so many? FSCS limits.
Have a look at Monevator.com for a review of charges.

Back
Top Bottom