Update to Kink in the Old Retirement Plan

Well, you could intentionally screw up the ads and ensure poorly qualified applicants.

Well, I received one document as a pdf. Darn, I have to re-enter it onto a new document form. That will take me at least a day or two to do so. Then I'll have to send it to my co-worker to see if anything needs to be changed and what's missing. He'll take a few days to do it. Since there will definitely be changes, HR gets a shot at it to re-evaluate the position to see if it belongs in a different class. If I'm lucky that will take several days. All told, I'm hoping for the middle of November before an ad goes out. Give it a week to run before the first resumes come in and we're to Thanksgiving.

At least, that's how I hope it works out. I'll still be telling them earlier than planned and hopefully they'll do some running around like chickens with their heads cut off, so they won't think to pile on documenting stuff that will be worthless.

I'm normally one who tries to short-cut the bureaucracy, but in this case, I rooting for it. It's been 3 weeks and my coworker's position has yet to be advertised. The earliest it can happen is this weekend, but Thanksgiving weekend is more likely. If HR is thorough, it might go to next month. :dance: It looks like I'll make it to December, but I'll likely tell them earlier than planned.

Back
Top Bottom