Users absolutely hate the new Firefox web browser

zedd

Full time employment: Posting here.
"Mozilla is beginning to roll out a new version of its Firefox browser for Android devices and users have not been impressed so far.
As part of a phased transition, Firefox 79 was pushed to a selection of Android devices on August 20 and, with it, a host of bugs and unexpected UI changes.
Disgruntled users have since flooded the browser’s Google Play Store page with negative reviews, citing bare-bones settings, the lack of a clear back button and severely limited add-on support, among other grievances."

https://www.techradar.com/news/users-absolutely-hate-the-new-firefox-web-browser

Firefox is my goto browser across all of my devices. I got bit by this forced upgrade on both my smartphone and tablet.

Fortunately I was able to purge Firefox 79 from my tablet and then sideload Firefox 68.11.0. Life is good again.

DW's phone and tablet hadn't be "updated" yet so we were able to go into Google Play and disable automatic software pushes for her devices.

I like/use FireFox on my PC, I use Safari on our iPhones & iPads. [-]Android[/-] Guess that works for us.

Last edited:
I've used Firefox for a while now, and was reasonably happy with it. Then, a few days ago, I opened Firefox and ALL of my bookmarks were gone..........POOF, disappeared! I thought ok, that's weird, but I'll just restart the PC and they'll come back, but nope, that did not work. Tried a bunch of other things (system restore, etc), and nothing worked. So, I went through the process of re-doing all of my bookmarks, which was a pain (I have a lot). Then, this morning, I open Firefox, and ALL of the old bookmarks are back. What the heck?? I might have to switch to Chrome, although I have tried it in the past, and didn't care for it. Computers are starting to drive me crazy...........:mad:

Yup. I hate it too. One of the "best" features for me is that the arrows and the circle at the bottom of the screen are now white on white. Only the faint gray "shadows" hint that the buttons are still there.

I use DuckDuckGo browser on Android cell and Firefox on our PCs. I try to backup bookmarks to html file often so I can recover from browser update problems.

Yes same here. Hoping they don't mess up FireFox on my PCs.
They kind of did that with Firefox 53.0 (Firefox Quantum). Messed up several extension add-ons that would end up not having a replacement going forward.

Most of this impacted the look and feel of the browser. Firefox is not alone in having done this to users, but having been on Firefox since version 0.8 (February 2004), it definitely messed up my workflow for quite some time.

I have my bookmarks synced to all devices (phone, tablet, PC). Someone said their bookmarks were gone, but I found mine on my phone by tapping the menu in the upper left and selecting Bookmarks Menu and following it to the folder with my synced bookmarks. HTH.

Rita

I tried Firefox at least half a dozen times over the years. Each time I thought that since everybody else loves it, I should give it another chance. Surely all those people can't be wrong. But each time I simply hated it for various reasons that I don't now remember. Each time I loathed it so much that I even uninstalled it because I didn't want to see it ever again.

I am one of the few (maybe five? :LOL: ) people who really love Chromium Edge, so I'll stick with it unless/until they change it to make it icky. So far I still like it.

Got rid of Firefox and am now using Microsoft Edge. I never thought I would say this about a Microsoft browser but - this thing is darn good! Fast, clear, uncluttered , and built into Windows

I've gone through SO. MANY. BROWSERS. in my lifetime, going back to the original one on NeXTStep
cern.info.ch - TIm Berners-Lee's original WorldWideWeb browser
At work I usually used IE (because it was required) and Chrome. At home, Chrome and Firefox, moving back and forth between the two depending on mood.

Current mood: Firefox on my Mac. This last switch was mainly due to something not working on Chrome. I'm sure it works now, but once I move I try to stick with it unless I just *have* to move back. We'll see how long it lasts.

Having said that, Firefox is working very well for me. I even found a nice extension to block certain domains from *any* search engine so I can get avoid a result page full of Pinterest links. Also switched search engines to Qwant. It's working good so far.

I use Firefox on my PC. Version 80.0.1 now. Use DuckDuckGo as my browser on android. I've got nothing to complain about with either :popcorn:.

Back
Top Bottom