Vaccine Immunization portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronstar

Moderator Emeritus
Illinois Department of Public Health is launching a "Vax Verify" portal for people to input their vaccination status.

https://dph.illinois.gov/news/idph-launches-online-vax-verify-system

But it seems like something like this already exists. I went for my medicare wellness exam yesterday, and my after visit summary lists my Immunization History.

The summary shows type of Covid vaccine administered complete with dates.
And types and and dates of flu shots back to 2013.

I did not give any of this info to my Dr. So the Dr. must have got the info from somewhere. Is there an immunization database out there that only the medical field has access to? Why would Illinois Department of Public Health start an effort to document covid vaccine status if it already exists?

Last edited by a moderator:
The existing system may be one only doctors/heath officials can access. This seems like one designed for the general public to access.

It might be accessing the same data, but presenting it specifically via a front end designed for regular people to use, and specifically for covid-19 data.

My state uses this service. It looks like about a dozen states use it. Yes, my two COVID shots are on record (including the lot numbers) along with some flu shots and both my recent shingles shots. For some reason they do not have my flu shot from 2020 listed.

https://myirmobile.com/

Last edited:
Illinois Department of Public Health is launching a "Vax Verify" portal for people to input their vaccination status.

https://dph.illinois.gov/news/idph-launches-online-vax-verify-system

But it seems like something like this already exists. I went for my medicare wellness exam yesterday, and my after visit summary lists my Immunization History.

The summary shows type of Covid vaccine administered complete with dates.
And types and and dates of flu shots back to 2013.

I did not give any of this info to my Dr. So the Dr. must have got the info from somewhere. Is there an immunization database out there that only the medical field has access to? Why would Illinois Department of Public Health start an effort to document covid vaccine status if it already exists?

Medicare uses "Blue Button" which is a massive database for sharing health information. I know the VA uses it and I think our Tricare contractor (as well as our medical system we use) do as well. I think some states require the patient to "opt in", but this may not be the case for everyone.

https://www.medicare.gov/manage-your-health/medicares-blue-button-blue-button-20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Button

If it is up to each person it is of limited value. People Lie. Unless they have to enter a Vaccine number from their cards. If they do then that is different.

If it is up to each person it is of limited value. People Lie. Unless they have to enter a Vaccine number from their cards. If they do then that is different.

From the article, it seems that people are not inputting their vaccine status. They are being allowed to check/verify their vaccine status from Illinois health records.

Surely they know if they have been vaccinated? :confused:

They know, but they can ensure that it is in the system. And it can help show others that they are.

Use case scenario: going somewhere where you need to have proof of vaccination. Not everyone carries around the card, and those cards can be faked. The portal can be one way to show someone that you are vaccinated (access it on your phone, on a computer at the establish, get a printout, etc.).

Not perfect, just another option.

The MyIRMobile site pulls in vaccine records from the state (DC in my case). It allows you to generate a certificate of vaccination: a vaccine passport.

They know, but they can ensure that it is in the system. And it can help show others that they are.

Use case scenario: going somewhere where you need to have proof of vaccination. Not everyone carries around the card, and those cards can be faked. The portal can be one way to show someone that you are vaccinated (access it on your phone, on a computer at the establish, get a printout, etc.).

Not perfect, just another option.

We have a trip to Turks and Caicos in late October and they just announced they require vax plus a negative test after Sept. 1. The problem is, they specifically say they won't take paper vaccine cards. They require a signed doctor's letter with license number, or an approved digital record. It is going to be a mess when people show up with CDC vax cards, which are essentially the official record for US citizens.

Anyway, I believe we are in MyIRMobile so we'll plan to use that.

We have a trip to Turks and Caicos in late October and they just announced they require vax plus a negative test after Sept. 1. The problem is, they specifically say they won't take paper vaccine cards. They require a signed doctor's letter with license number, or an approved digital record. It is going to be a mess when people show up with CDC vax cards, which are essentially the official record for US citizens.

On the cruise we just finished, they took the CDC cards, but had stated we should have the pharmacy phone number and email in case confirmation was required.

This was an impossible request, as we were vaccinated at a mass site, not a pharmacy store.
I brought the email appointments for us at the site (printed out) as my extra proof.

With all the fake CDC cards going around, and so easy to print anyone can do it with card stock and a laser printer, I wonder how much longer they will be accepted as proof.

My state uses this service. It looks like about a dozen states use it. Yes, my two COVID shots are on record (including the lot numbers) along with some flu shots and both my recent shingles shots. For some reason they do not have my flu shot from 2020 listed.

https://myirmobile.com/

Amazingly MS is one of the few states that is included. I set up an acct and there is my vaccine history. Like you a flu vaccine is missing. Mine from a couple of years ago. This website might come in handy tho.

Amazingly MS is one of the few states that is included. I set up an acct and there is my vaccine history. Like you a flu vaccine is missing. Mine from a couple of years ago. This website might come in handy tho.

Yes the website is handy. It's good to know that my Covid record has been digitized on some 'official' site. My fear was that the fake paper cards would basically devalue my 100% absolutely honest and up-to-date card.

I wonder if the foreign electronic passports will allow data from the site to be imported into their computers for travel? IT would nice if the site generate a QR code that a foreign boarder control officer could scan and get my results. Time will tell.

Here in California, we have digital cards we can display on our phones. We don't enter the info ourselves though, because what use would that be? I signed up by entering my date of birth and name, and it sent me a link to download the digital card, which puts a shortcut on your phone somehow using the google pay app to display it.

I wonder if the foreign electronic passports will allow data from the site to be imported into their computers for travel? IT would nice if the site generate a QR code that a foreign boarder control officer could scan and get my results. Time will tell.

That is coming soon. From the website:

Coming Soon

Scannable QR Codes To Prove COVID Vaccination Status

Use MyIR Mobile to prove your COVID vaccination status for travel, school, work or any other situation where proof is required. Simply register your account and open the QR Code in your app to allow others to scan your proof of vaccination.

From the article, it seems that people are not inputting their vaccine status. They are being allowed to check/verify their vaccine status from Illinois health records.

Our state also has a data base that seems was established for ALL vaccines. As best as I can tell, it was initially created to prove vaccination status for students.

Ugh. I know there has been a lot of pushback (politically motivated, of course) on a central US government database but it sure would make international travel restrictions easier to comply with. Well, in theory.

MyIR Mobile looks like a good idea to me.

But so far it only includes eight states.
Arizona | DC | Louisiana | Maryland | Mississippi
North Dakota | Tennessee | Washington | West Virginia

I spent an hour trying to register for that site and finally got in and then it said "something went wrong". So it was not worth it.

I tried again today, still got something went wrong and then I hit chat to ask and it said oh no we have been disconnected. . . .

It does seem like there ought to be one recognized digital app that would be universally accepted within and outside of the US. Probably too much to ask at this point.

It does seem like there ought to be one recognized digital app that would be universally accepted within and outside of the US. Probably too much to ask at this point.

If another region had such a thing and allowed US tourists to use it that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom