Vanguard "cookie" pop-up annoyance

SecondCor521

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi all.

FYI, this morning when I logged in to my Vanguard account, I got a very annoying pop-up window regarding "Your privacy" and cookies.

It's annoying because:

1. It pops up every time you navigate to a different URL.

2. The window is aesthetically ugly, even at 100% zoom in Chrome on Windows.

3. The window doesn't functionally work.

I called Vanguard, they've received multiple reports, and their working on it. No ETA for the fix, but I'm hoping they can just revert the change (which was not ready for prime time) at least.

(Cue the "Vanguard is going downhill" folks. Feel free to pile on as you wish.)

When I log into our Vanguard account and navigate the site I get no pop-up. I do have pop-ups disabled in my browser settings, that may explain why.

When I log into our Vanguard account and navigate the site I get no pop-up. I do have pop-ups disabled in my browser settings, that may explain why.

I allow pop-ups at the browser level but had a pop-up blocker installed. Not sure how their website got around that - maybe it was not technically a pop-up.

Anyway, your post prompted me to check, and the annoying thing is gone for me now; they must have rolled back the change.

I had that happen yesterday on every page at Vg. I guessed it was a bug introduced with a software change and decided to stay away for a couple of days. I hope your experience says they fixed the issue.

Made me curious so I just logged in. No issues with pop ups but something is wrong with my account value... it went down!:facepalm:

I had that happen yesterday on every page at Vg. I guessed it was a bug introduced with a software change and decided to stay away for a couple of days. I hope your experience says they fixed the issue.

I guess it’s good the bug was benign but it makes me wonder how robust is their software release process? It could be something risky next time. Fidelity is annoying too with an ever evolving website experience but I can’t remember any bugs and they generally have a very long beta trial.

I guess it’s good the bug was benign but it makes me wonder how robust is their software release process? It could be something risky next time. Fidelity is annoying too with an ever evolving website experience but I can’t remember any bugs and they generally have a very long beta trial.

Robust enough to quickly roll back, at least.

But yeah, the QA folks should be a bit embarrassed this got into the wild.

Back
Top Bottom