Vanguard to State Street

kongmen

Recycles dryer sheets
The 457 Roth plan at my employer is jettisoning Vanguard index funds and replacing it with State Street index funds.They say the management fees will be even lower than the already low fees of Vanguard. I've been utilizing Vanguard's index funds for decades because of the low management fees. Does anyone here have experience with State Street's index funds?

Thanks for any replies.

Other's experience may not help. Being in a 457 administered by your employer means (I assume) you are looking at the institutional shares. Their expense ratios are likely different than personal investors, and may (probably) vary employer to employer (depending on size and what kind of deal they struck).

Don't be surprised if someone is getting some form of kickback for selecting them.

I'd ask them to demonstrate to you that the expenses are lower. This should all be transparent. After all, it is your money (even the contribution they may have made - it's yours now)!

-ERD50

It could be worse..... My son's company just left a simple IRA setup and went to a 401K with Lincoln National that is actually a Variable Annuity 401K with high expense options and .54% per account expense fee for administration. Now that sucks. No one knows what fees are hidden in that thing.

Doubtful you'll notice any difference.

Back
Top Bottom