Verizon cut off my 90 year old mother's phones

I live an hour and a half away from mother, sister lives 15 minutes away from mother. I have taken over mother's finances. Sister volunteered to work on the phone issue when mother got a letter referencing phone to be cut off by 12/31. When mother's phone was cut off last weekend sister was taken by surprise. I am 71 and have a husband with health problems and I am his caretaker as well as helping mother. I am overwhelmed and feel depressed. I am as "proactive" as I can be but I have to look after myself too. Verizon has done an awful job on this and has made my life harder.

I am so sad to read about your situation! Yes you DO have to look after yourself, too! Take care and I hope you can figure out a way to lower your stress and the demands on your time due to Verizon's poor customer service. I agree, Verizon has done an awful job on this. :mad:

I live an hour and a half away from mother, sister lives 15 minutes away from mother. I have taken over mother's finances. Sister volunteered to work on the phone issue when mother got a letter referencing phone to be cut off by 12/31. When mother's phone was cut off last weekend sister was taken by surprise. I am 71 and have a husband with health problems and I am his caretaker as well as helping mother. I am overwhelmed and feel depressed. I am as "proactive" as I can be but I have to look after myself too. Verizon has done an awful job on this and has made my life harder.

I get it, as our parents age and thankfully live longer we age right along with them. My Mom died over 20 years when I was in my late 40's it involved multiple trips flying cross country, a relentless work schedule, uncertainty from day to day about who would be with her when and etc. I couldn't do that now it would probably break me.

It's easy to say be proactive but when are juggling many things for many people it's not that simple. I'm sure that poster didn't mean it an unkind remark but it's just more pressure..

You got this harllee

Back
Top Bottom