Very long time lurker says Thanks! And, hi!

Agapostemon

Dryer sheet aficionado
How long has this board been around? I've been reading boards like this since the 1990s. I don't remember when I starting following this one.

Company stock led to a windfall, which led to Vanguard funds, which led to Better Investing, which led to individual stocks. Meanwhile, said company led to wanting to get out early. Life happened, and in 2015, neither of us had a job, but I ran the numbers and FIREcalc and realized we were okay.

Thanks to boards like this one.

I think I finally decided to post because the cost of groceries is really triggering me to want to say something.

Also I think native bees and pollinators are really important, so I may find an excuse to talk about them.

Hello!

Welcome and look forward to hearing more from you.
I also lurked a while before posting. This is a great forum, with tons of good info and interesting folks to hear from.

Thank you!

This really takes me back. I know I've read the occasional posts on the REHP for a long, long time. I used to have a folder of printouts from the Motley Fool Early Retirement board. I've also lurked on bogleheads for years, and only got around to creating a profile there a few months ago.

I don't remember most of the drama described in this history, so I probably started coming here regularly after 2010. Other notes tell me that I started no later than 2015. Time is all a blur.

It still feels like a "R-word"

welcome .. you retiring soon ?
2015 is when I finally became willing to say I was retired.

I haven't had a paycheck since the end of 2005. I did a little web consulting and sold a few short stories and poems. More importantly, my husband kept working, but in a workplace that was just not good for him. When that ended, I was really relieved that I could tell him that we had won the game (as mickeyd puts it.) He's still not convinced that he doesn't need to be looking for work.

I was lurking shortly after the beginning. I didn't join since I didn't have a computer except at w*rk - I could get away with lurking, but didn't want to push it by joining. Once FIRE'd I didn't buy a computer until '08. Guess I was tired of computers!

Note to lurkers: Don't make the same mistakes I made. Join now! YMMV

I joined after I retired. Never saw it before when I was working.

After I retired I thought I'd find a good retirement forum...

Welcome!
Ditto on the groceries! Granted we are cooking at home a lot more. Also, have started buying organic fruits, veggies and yogurt, etc. Also, grass fed meats.
I’ve started watching YouTube channels on healthy eating.
So am trying to incorporate some changes to our diets.
And it is pricey.

Back
Top Bottom