Vikings CB Decides to FIRE at 24

Doubt its a FI situation, I'll be he will do something else.

I wonder if he will really walk away from the game and stay FIRE'd from football.

He hasn't really explained the reasons for his decision yet. Such as if it's health related (too many blows to the head) or that he has other plans of w*rk, or just want's to relax and join a FIRE site :D

Looks like he was making about $500k year. For 3 years. After taxes, assuming he stashed most everything away, he might be sitting on $1M.

So I guess he's retiring to his cabin in Montana, or Thailand?

He must be the only highly-paid young athlete in the world who didn't blow it all on cars, gaudy jewelry and his blood sucking "friends".

Actually he has suffered at least two concussions and many other injuries in the past.
How many hits to the head (hard enough to result in a concussion) would it take ya'll to "retire early" :confused: It will be interesting to see what he says in time...

I wonder if he will really walk away from the game and stay FIRE'd from football.
He hasn't really explained the reasons for his decision yet. Such as if it's health related (too many blows to the head) or that he has other plans of w*rk, or just want's to relax and join a FIRE site :D
Ouch! Actually he has suffered at least two concussions and many other injuries in the past. He was on the IR more often than playing.
How many hits to the head (hard enough to result in a concussion) would it take ya'll to "retire early" :confused: It will be interesting to see what he says in time...
Age 24? So he's been playing organized football for about 15 years?

This sounds like some doctor or relative taking him aside and saying "Look at the guys who've retired after more than a few concussions and decide how you feel about ending up like that."

I bet he got a good entry-level job offer from someone in his network, too, and decided that regular beatings weren't doing anything for his morale.

It'd be interesting to see a sports magazine do an article on [-]lower-end[/-] any professional athletes who live conservatively, make their stash, and get the heck out while they still have enough brain cells & body parts to live a decent life.

He is not the only one.

Barry Foster RB with the Steelers retired after 4 seasons. His last game was in the AFC championship. Seemed like he had a good career ahead of him but he took the money and ran.
Bill Cowher referenced him in his retirement from football speech.

Back
Top Bottom